+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy what is DHI? how it differs from FUT / FUE?

Dear all,

Please help me find the best suitable hair transplant procedure. i have been looking over all websites and its very much confusing... everybody is saying their process is best. I am very much confused and i desperately need a good procedure ... i am 27 years of age and suffering from hair loss since i was 22 its a case of male pattern baldness. i lost in front top crown and it keep on receding even after taking minoxidil (using from last 2 years). Recently i heard about DHI technique... some says its new. i looked all over net about it but i doubt it is recognised by IAHRS or american hair loss association. Please anyone out there help me out from this dilemma??

What ever u do, dnt go dhi they ruined my life mate with false promised and lies about what to expect.

Dnt do it, they have a fantastic site and amazing sales people and amazing stories but it's all crap

Look up woods (found him 4th time round he he made my hair a little better) bisinga (iv read ok things about him), and there r others but just dnt go dhi

Unhappy

Dear morelocks,

Thanks for you prompt reply. you made me think one more time i was 80 percent convinced about dhi.... main thing is that i dont want to go through FUT. I am from india and i want to get my transplant done in india only due to financial reasons. I cannot find any good surgeon in india who performs FUE there are few with FUT but i am very afraid of it.
    Can you detail me about the experience you had with DHI. I think the procedure is same as FUE but where does the DHI lags... they claim that they will give written guarantee that the transplanted hair will not fall.
    Please shed some light i cant move out of india to get it done that is my main concern and i cant handle this depression from being bald anymore.
    Please Reply
    Thanks

Anybody out there to guide me?? Is it true that after HT one need to take propecia? and for how long? i heard that propecia has disastrous side effects...
    Life is hell when you are bald!!

Quote Originally Posted by Confused View Post
    Anybody out there to guide me?? Is it true that after HT one need to take propecia? and for how long? i heard that propecia has disastrous side effects...
    Life is hell when you are bald!!
    If your hair loss is still going on (highly likely if you are still young), it is possible that you will loss more native hair when you are waiting for your transplanted hair to grow back (it can take as much as one year). So you may end up having a gap of bald spot on your head between your transplanted hair and your native hair if your native hair receded further within that year. So doctors usually suggest taking propecia to halt hair loss to avoid that embarrassing situation.

About propecia side effects, there are always some lucky people who haven't encountered any side-effects and claiming that the drug is extremely safe and accused the 'unluckies' for fear-mongering. On the other hand, there are some unlucky people saying the side effects (sexual dysfunction) can be irreversible and totally ruin their lifes (some of them had only started taking the drug for a few days when this happened). Officially, Merck (the drug company) said the side effects affects 2% of people and that is reversible (but lately, I heard they had changed the warning label, and said it is 'possible' that the side-effect maybe irreversible. )

I personally think that it is possible that some people in the minority may react more drastically to the drug than the majority. So it is a gamble if you take the drug.

DHI doesn't seem popular in north america, I had researched a lot about hair transplant but never heard of it here (in Canada).

Thanx alan!

This is what i am very much concerned after getting my hair transplant. Is propecia extremely necessary to save native hairs? aren't there any other medication with less side effect specially sexual dysfunction. God!! am afraid of it.
    Regarding DHI i haven't read any single comment in favor of them. Is it so bad to talk on forums? I am looking for good HT surgeon in India. Does anyone know??
    please reply

Thanx alan!

This is what i am very much concerned after getting my hair transplant. Is propecia extremely necessary to save native hairs? aren't there any other medication with less side effect specially sexual dysfunction. God!! am afraid of it.
    Regarding DHI i haven't read any single comment in favor of them. Is it so bad to talk on forums? I am looking for good HT surgeon in India. Does anyone know??
    please reply
    Have you tried rogaine (minoxidil)? Though rogaine doesn't do much for most people.

I am in the same dilemma. I am researching HT but never gone through real surgery, so take my advice with a grain of salt. Here is my thought. If your hair loss is still ongoing and you go for HT surgery right now without taking propecia, you probably have to go back for more HT soon as hair loss progress. So I think it is important to find a ethical doctor who is conservative and plan for you in advance. You need to preserve as much donor hair as possible for the future, so avoid doctor who may lure you into large HT session. I don't think FUT is a good option if you are planning for more HT in the near future, I think the donor area could be quite messed up after many FUT sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by alan7777 View Post
    Have you tried rogaine (minoxidil)? Though rogaine doesn't do much for most people.

I am in the same dilemma. I am researching HT but never gone through real surgery, so take my advice with a grain of salt. Here is my thought. If your hair loss is still ongoing and you go for HT surgery right now without taking propecia, you probably have to go back for more HT soon as hair loss progress. So I think it is important to find a ethical doctor who is conservative and plan for you in advance. You need to preserve as much donor hair as possible for the future, so avoid doctor who may lure you into large HT session. I don't think FUT is a good option if you are planning for more HT in the near future, I think the donor area could be quite messed up after many FUT sessions.
    Thanx alan

Yes i have been using minoxidil 5% from last 2-3 years but seems its of no use in my case but am still using it once in a day.

I am not planning for more HT's in future i am in early norwood 6 level and i dont think i have much donor hairs left. I am planning to go for HT in a month and for a mega session of 4500-5500 grafts. My question is that which procedure will be best for me FUT or FUE. I have read somewhere that once you stop using propecia its side effects stops.... is it so? Please reply

Thanks

Thanx alan

Yes i have been using minoxidil 5% from last 2-3 years but seems its of no use in my case but am still using it once in a day.

I am not planning for more HT's in future i am in early norwood 6 level and i dont think i have much donor hairs left. I am planning to go for HT in a month and for a mega session of 4500-5500 grafts. My question is that which procedure will be best for me FUT or FUE. I have read somewhere that once you stop using propecia its side effects stops.... is it so? Please reply

Thanks
    I am not sure whether I can give you good advice, as I myself is scared and uncertain about HT and propecia. If you are going for a mega session of 4500-5500 grafts, I think your doctor will only suggest FUT, as it has better yield and probably simpler. But many things that your doctor claims may not be completely true; there are many factors outside the doctor's control, such as the 'pencil-thin' scar that HT doctors always advertised is not accurate.

I suggest you read this first: http://www.angelfire.com/trek/hairtransplant/new.html

and also google for 'hair transplant scaring' to find out more...

In my opinion, once you go for FUT, there is no turning back. Especially for mega session that you have planned to do; you only have a single chance to be successFUL, and I think you should look for the best doctor in the HT industry.

Regardless of FUT or FUE, there are people who reported prolonged pain in donor area, as if some nerves have been damaged. Try google about 'hair transplant donor pain' to read more, such as the discussion here:

http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/v...265&forum_id=2

If I were you, I would go for multiple small sessions of FUE and see how things go; if things go well then you are more confident to go for subsequent sessions. On the other hand, if things don't go well, you can always give up HT with the least damage to your head, and just accept hair loss as fate. This is what I am planning to do after all my research.

And about propecia, I also hope to have a definite answer, but I don't know. There are too much controversies, try google for 'propecia side effects' and read more.