+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Scared shitless and sad as hell :(

Ok so as far as i'm told i've always had thin/fine hair (born with it) but at the age of 17 i started loosing some hair, it wasen't that bad so i just thought " not a big deal". Last summer i was on vacation where the hairshedding accelerated drastically! I lost like 200 hairs a day (i'm serious!)!

As soon as i got back home and stopped using nizoral my hair sheddign was far less significant. But then I noticed that i had lost a big deal og volume in my hair, it had gotten thinner.

So today after i taking a bath I took a little mirror (hand size one) and used it to lokk at my crown so i could reflect the picture on the big mirror (under the influence of light) in the bathroom, and guess what, my crown area is thin as shit! Seriously i know my hair, it wasen't like that 2 years ago, the thinning is REALLY bad.

But i'm a little confused, when i stand up straight and look at my hair and the crown area at the mirror there is NO sign of thinning or whatsoever?! And i've also noticed that the thinnning is visiable when i have long hair. If i buzz it down, there is NO sign of thinning?

My hairline is the exact same as 2 years ago but the crown is thinning! I've been using regaine (rogaine) for almost one year now, with no effect! And i'm not gonna use Fin or proscar or wahtever it's called.

My shedding is still the same as 2 years ago. Shedding when applying anything to scalp, combing, washing, shampooing etc. If i had to guess i'd say i'm loosing around 120-140 (around 50 in the morning, 50 at evenning, and around 50 if i take a bath etc.) hairs a day. I've also noticed that the hair i'm shedding is thin hairs aswell as thick hairs.

So should just let MPB **** up my life, and give up? I'm so sick and tired of worrying all the time! I'm sad all the time, angry, worried

I'm only 21 goddammit this isn't fair!

ALmost forgot 8 moths ago i buzzed my hair, at it looked like this:

http://img827.imageshack.us/i/160211ii.jpg/
    http://img851.imageshack.us/i/160211iii.jpg/
    http://img42.imageshack.us/i/160211iv.jpg/
    http://img850.imageshack.us/i/160211v.jpg/
    http://img862.imageshack.us/i/160211.jpg/

Yeah i know, no sign of thinnning, but believe me, i'm not stupid, what i see in the morror is 100 % thinnin in the crown :-(

Yea I can see it in the light. You could either up your dosage of minox or get on fin. That's about it. Also you should only be using niz once a week.

With all due respect to Samiam (who could may well prove right) I am not certain you have any loss at all. Your hairline is near perfect and the density on the side appears to match that on top. Please bear in mind under natural light a short buzz cut will show some degree of scalp even on non balding heads. It is very hard to assess from a pictiure but I would get a proffesional opinion. If possible, a hair bulk analysis undertaken by an IAHRS doctor would indicate your status. If you do not have mpb. then using minoxidil will still throw you into a shed. Certainly see a doctor before starting propecia. As I said, Sam may well be right but I would want to be damn certain if it was me. Wosrt case scenario, you have caught it very early on and you may prove a good candidate for meds. Good luck,.. maybe you have'nt joined the club yet lol!

Well I guess it all depends on if he has fine hairs or not. His hairline didn't look receded at all but in the light I saw scalp at the top. I could be wrong though.

You look fine
    Get out and enjoy life

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    You look fine
    Get out and enjoy life
    LOL

This guy is right you have a ton of hair and look good. Any person on this site would kill to have hair like that. Steps for keeping your hair are followed.

1. Exercise (Cardio 30 minutes a day)
    2. Get off rogaine
    3. Well balanced diet with Zinc and Biotin
    4. Do not spank the monkey no more, chase girls instead seriously don't ejaculate all the time it made me lose my hair although some swear that I am wrong it certainly had an effect on my own hair loss and if you read through some of my posts you will see some evidence to support it.
    5. Take cold showers instead of hot it dilates the cappliaries in your head
    6. Get out and enjoy life with the great head of hair that you have

I think you noticed the thinning crown when looking at it under the kind of lighting conditions that will maximise the amount of visible scalp.

Purely on the photos provided, I see consistent density all over your head and no noticeable loss at the crown. I think your natural density might be somewhat below average and that under strong light a lot of scalp will be visible when your hair is short like in the photos. (Which is common and you'll see it on many actors and other celebs with buzzed heads)
    I'm sure that any real loss of density in the crown area would definitely show in your photos.

When your hair was longer, there would be more overlapping of hair and less scalp would show through: but right at the crown, in the swirl of hair we call the 'whorl', the hairs grow in different directions and this always allows more scalp to be seen. With naturally low density, this effect would be even more obvious.

Unless you've lost more hair from the crown since those photos were taken, I would be willing to bet that what I just described is the cause of all this.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thx a lot for the response guys, i'm a lot more calm now, but i've also been to the derm, and she said that it was REALLY hard to tell if i was experiencing any hairloss. Moreover, she told me that that i was one of those individuals who was born with really fine hair so i just had to deal with it. Lastly, she said that i should keep an eye on my crown area and start using minox if i notice any changes (thinning).

So i'm pretty happy right now!

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Ramazan View Post
    Thx a lot for the response guys, i'm a lot more calm now, but i've also been to the derm, and she said that it was REALLY hard to tell if i was experiencing any hairloss. Moreover, she told me that that i was one of those individuals who was born with really fine hair so i just had to deal with it. Lastly, she said that i should keep an eye on my crown area and start using minox if i notice any changes (thinning).

So i'm pretty happy right now!
    Good! Enjoy life its short!

I would give a testicle for hair like that.