+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Angry wow wtf options do I have?!

I'm 17 years old and it seems to me as my hairs thinning. I'm still a norwood one so i'm trying to hold on to my hairs as long as I can. I went and tried this saw palmetto bullshit because I didn't want to try rogaine just yet. I started shedding like crazy and looked up the "initial shed" of it online. That's when I figured out most people that tried saw palmetto only got insane amounts of shed, nothing else. Weird thing is though, a bunch of new little hairs popped up on my hairline the first day I decided to not take it. Now i'm looking into Rogaine, only to find out that alot of people have not seen ANY re-growth from Rogaine. Same as that saw palmetto garbage, just lots and lots of shed, and then NO hair grown back. I'm only 17 so I can't get on Fin just yet, and i'm not even sure I want to. WTF CAN I DO?!!? This is ridiculous we live in 2011, I should have A LOT more options than the current bullshit that they have for treating this problem.

I've been using regaine then generic minoxidil since my early twenties. I can honestly say I would have been bald years ago without it and I'm thirty four now. Do yourself a favour and start today. Check the side effects though. Personal experience wise don't use it on damp or wet hair. It enhances systemic effects. It occasionally makes me a bit dizzy after using it and feel my heart skipping a beat when using it on damp hair. I've decided to try doubling the dose now because it seems to have lost its effectiveness. I've had a good run on it though. Buy generic incidentally. Same as branded only cheaper. You need to give it a year too. Good luck.

Can you say that you were able to keep all of your hair for that period of time? Like if you started using it at NW1 or 2 were you able to maintain your hairs for that long or did you gradually become a NW3 (just an example)

I feel for you losing your hair at 17, i also tried saw palmetto not for long enough to give it a real chance, but it just didn't agree with my stomach no matter how i took it, it just amazes me they don't have a cure for this yet, who ever finds it is going to be a rich man indeed.

That's the thing is I'm not completely sure if im balding, like you, so it makes the decision that much harder. But unlike you my family has a history of baldness. I have fine hairs, but a lot of them, so you could imagine how bad it would be if I were to start thinning.

I know mate it sucks, half of me just wants to accept it and get on with my life but i think we are all vain to some extent and want to be able to attract the ladies, i know i wont cope with it well because i'm a sort of control freak, and it sounds like you should really get a diagnoss one way or the other, just so you can start to deal with it.

Oh yea BTW Ryan you tried rogaine yet.

Well that stuff looks so messy, and i just don't think it would work with my lifstyle, i know that sounds lazy buti just think it's not me and i just wouldn't want to do that forever.

Well you were looking at propecia and you'd have to take that forever.

Yes i know that, but taking a pill is easy compared to putting that stuff on your head twice a day, i take vitamins and supplements any way so it wouldn't make much difference, and the only reason i'm considering it is because of Histogen is supposed to be coming out soon and propecia would hopefully not be needed anymore, so i'm looking at it as a maintennce until that is available.