+ Reply to Thread

Default Regaine foam not working for me any more - please advice

Hi Folks

I have been using Regaine Foam for the last 3 months. This did have an effect in that I could see hair started growing in parts of my scalp where there was previously a bald patch.

However, about 2 weeks ago, this has all stopped! The hair has stopped growing, although I am still using the foam as normal. My scalp has also started to feel itchy & sticky all the time, and in fact the hair is dropping out at a faster rate, every time I wash them.

Has anybody else experienced this? What would be the cause of it and how can this problem be solved?

Thanks in advance for your response.

It often seems like Minoxidil experiences can be even more variable and trickier to judge than Finasteride use.

Some users have reported ups and downs with the treatment, with periods of shedding where their hair looks thinner followed by improvements, with a net gain in hair the overall result. Some people do have bad experiences and end up worse than when they started. Those reports can't be ignored.

What strength of foam are you using? Are you using it once or twice per day?

The fact that you re-grew some hair suggests that if you battle through this shedding phase then you might have a good chance of being glad that you did.
    Last edited by mattj; 08-01-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hi

The fact that you saw regrowth initially is positive. I appreciate that you may be in a bit of a panic, but you most likely are going into the shedding phase. It is a strong possibility that those hairs shed may have been vellus and could return as terminal. I would advise you stick it out for a few months as it is hard to see any definitive result within 3. Hope it works out for you. There is no mention of you using propecia, but that is far more effective should you wish to incopoprate it. I would assess the full potential of the Rogaine first before adding to / changing your regime.

When I started Regaine many years ago, I have no idea why but I didn't pay attention to the results when I started using it. On reflection that's pretty unusual for someone who had been freaking out about balding (as I am again now).

I just used it without thinking too much about it and about 3 months later I noticed it had worked marvellously. I used it intemitently for 7 years and it's now stopped working.

But what I would say, is try not to look too hard at the results so early in the process. Give it 6 months before reaching any conclusions.