Depression with hair loss and DHT - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Depression with hair loss and DHT

Hi everyone,
    I am very new to the forum. I am very depressed now. This is my story. I am just in my 26 and my hair is terrible now. Since I was very young, some of my friends often make fun of my hair. They said that I am going to be bald and give me some shitty nickname with that but I never paid attention to them because my hair still good except for the left temple. I noticed hair loss last 2 yrs when I went to the Netherlands for my studying. I tried to find doctor but the people there never care about hair loss, they didn't even try to treat hair loss, they told me that it is genetic. Yes, my dad had his baldness when he was 30. And I turned out not to pay attention to it, because I still have a lot of hairs and hide it!! And now, when I go to USA for another studying and my hair loss is terrible again. It can be seen by my very eyes, the left temple becomes very very clear and the vertex is totally clear, the hairline is still there but the hair in the scalp is thinning and thinning. I am totally depressed, so sad about it. Just last yr, I am still very confident to hang out with girlfriends. Now I just want to stay at home and do nothing.
    I tried Rogaine last 3 months but I don't think it works for me. The doctor prescribed Propecia also but it is very expensive I can't afford it. I am very disappointed!

get a doctor to prescribe for you 5mg finasteride instead. they cost about $37 for 125 pills at Target which should last you more than a year provided you take 1.25mg/day. you can probably get them cheaper at Walmart.

Thank Havoc, Im interested in finasteride 5 mg. But it is for cancer treatment? Is it effective when used for baldness? Any dangerous? Thkank you again

it contains identical ingredients as 1mg propecia. it's used to treat enlarged prostate. it has potential side effects which can permanently kill your dick.

also, the alias havok is a name, and not a word. it's not misspelled. lol.

I guest the side effects as much as Propecia.
    Ok sry for mispelling, just bc I m typing by iphone
    I found a website sell generic fin with very cheap price. What Does everyone think about it?

Ailouda, I think you should try Rogaine again and stick with it for 6 months.

Kanyon, I just got ketoconazole and head & shoulder for anti dandruff. But they are terrible shampoo, they are killing my hair. I saw some hairs fall in the back and sides. I dont know if rogaine alone is gonna work! Half of me wanna give up. But the other wanna keep my hair. Im tired out. I dont know if I should stop the shitting shampoos. The only thing I can think about is to find a lot of money and girls will come. But Idont know if we can find a good job with a shaved head. The positive thing is most of the boss in my country are bald