+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Do you speak to anyone about hairloss?

Hi there I'm just curious to know if anyone has confided in anyone in their lives about their hairloss.

I'm about to turn 29 and I started noticing hairloss when I was about to turn 21. Rogaine got me through nearly 7 years but I'm now back where I started.

It was very difficult when I was 20. I confided to my parents but that was it. My Dad accompanied me to meet with a hair surgeon (don't worry - he just recommended Rogaine and Propecia) at that point.

I mentioned to an ex girlfriend and a best mate that I was taking something for it but that's all I said to them.

Now for the past 9 months I've been suffering rapid hairloss again and I'm not sure if I'm willing to talk to anyone in my personal life about it. I do try my very best to try to conceal my hairloss but it's such a scary thing to open up about.

Also, how has hairloss affected your everyday life?

For me, I hate going out the day after I wash my hair. This is when it's at its most thin looking.

For many years when Rogaine worked I would exercise but now that my hair is thin again, I kinda think why bother working at being in shape when the first thing people look at - my head, is in such a bad state. I did actually go for a jog yesterday for the first time in quite a while, and only a year ago I was jogging around the park with a thick head of hair. Now I have to wear a hat because it looks ridiculous.

oh mate - your not alone the emotional trauma of losing ones hair is tuff, really tuff. Keeping it to yourself is VERY common in order to try deal with it and process it. Its a deep, deep issue regarding identity, self confidence and self esteem. I recently wrote a book and within it is a big section on the psychological strain of hair loss, identity, and aids to try deal with the lack of control you feel surrounding hair loss (including a hypnosis aid/talk by a trained professional). Its too lengthy for me to summarise here.

Have a read possibly and if you dont find it helpful i will simply refund you mate. Drop me an email if you purchase so i know who you are

http://thehairraisingtruth.com

I am trying to genuinely help here and not "plug" my book before people possibly attempt to twist this against me. The refund offer goes to anyone.

Spencer Kobren reviewed the book for me and found it an insightful and informative read hence why he kindly provided me with a testimonial.

Regards
    SPEX
    Last edited by Spex; 07-29-2011 at 03:01 AM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

There's no sense in letting yourself go just because one aspect of your appearance had taken a hit. A lot of people do find that by getting in shape and gaining confidence in how their body looks, the damage that hairloss does to their self-esteem is decreased.

Did you ever take Propecia or was it just Rogaine?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I still use rogaine because I'm scared not to but it's effectiveness has obviously waned.

I started Fin in February so 6 months ago. Not sure if it's working in keeping what's left of my hair.

It's so tiring positioning my hair 50 times a day to try and conceal the loss.

Dr Greco in florida is doing something called prp. it might be worth a shot to stop your shedding. its expensive but might be worth a try. there are a bunch of threads here on it so do a little research.

As Spencer Kobren always says “you are not alone!” You should listen or watch his show on Sunday nights at www.thebaldtruth.com and give him a call. I used to feel the same way as you until I started listen to Spencer. It’s great therapy and it will give you an outlet to talk to people who understand.

The only one that knows a little about my hair loss problems is my brother. But he has no idea about the extent of the damage (psychological or otherwise) it has caused to my life, and until now he still doesn't know I've had hair transplants over the past decade. He knows I have no life at all but he doesn't know it's all because of the god damn hair loss curse I've been battling. Seriously, I don't understand the point of living if it's all going to be suffering or like living in a prison cell. My parents gave me this ****ing life and this curse (baldness) and I'm paying for their decision. Life doesn't make sense at all.

But yeah I understand you. All my life I've wanted to be a body builder but since I started losing my hair I have no desire to do anything. If you're feeling like shit about yourself you just lose your motivation. If I could earn some money working at home I'd lock myself in and never go out again.

Haven't the transplants resulted in you having hair on the top of your head again?

Would you recommend a transplant?

Hi kanyon,

Hair loss is not obvious in my case, and I have been taking Propecia for 5 months and I believe it has slowed it down considerably(i dont care about regrowth.. I just want it to stop)...

I do know that a day will come when i will tart losing again, and so I keep joking with everybody about the fact that I will lose my hair one day...So its no secret... This way I guess people wouldn't be too surprised when I go bald .. But i am hoping Propecia will not let that happen...

Hi Michael,

I know we have the other thread going cos we started Fin at roughly the same time. For me it will have been 6 months tomorrow. I've missed 4 days during these 6 months.

Not sure if it's working but I don't think I'm experiencing any side effects anymore (although I believe that I did a few months ago).

I'm on the verge of telling my ex girlfriend and now best friend about my hairloss woes. She pointed about my hair was thin about a year ago when it was actually much much thicker than it is now. I'm quite suprised she thought it was thin back then because I didn't - I was still riding the Rogaine high. Although I guess we used to go swimming and stuff and I'd go over just after washing my hair when it looks the thinnest. But I want to fully reveal to her how much it is devestating me now and effecting my life. I think it would be good to confide in a caring person.

My current girlfriend is living in France for the next year and if we stay together during this time, I may talk to her about it when she gets back (if I have any hair by then is another thing). I think i did an ok job of concealing my hairloss but it's possibly got worse since she left 2 months ago.