Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HTinTN30
    • Jun 2011

ACNE after hair transplant

I had my HT 28 days ago with 1500 grafts to the crown and 500 on the front sides using the FUT. The problem that I am having is that since about weeks 2 to 3 to now I am having a lot of acne at the crown area. None of them are coming to white heads, but they are red and some are sore. I am trying my best to not rub or touch at the pimples but they are very bothersome. Some get scabs and I have noticed that a flaky piece of skin with sometimes a hair comes out. I know that this is normal..but is there anything that I can do to help clear up the acne??

Thanks,
    Roger
  • Janna
    Doctor Representative
    • Oct 2008

Hi Roger,

It sounds like you have Folliculitis, which is an imflammation of follicles or ingrown hairs. If our patients have a mild case, we advise them to treat it with warm wash cloth several times a day for about a week. If the pimples persist or gets worse, we treat them with antibiotics.

I'd advise you to contact your ht physician so they can treat it. Good luck.
    Hi, I'm the Head Tech and Surgical Manager for Shapiro Medical Group. janna@shapiromedical.com

Comment

• HTinTN30
      • Jun 2011

Thanks, I have put a call in to my doctor and emailed a picture to him..gonna follow up with him in the morning..he said I may need antibiotics or a steroid cream

Originally posted by Janna
      Hi Roger,

It sounds like you have Folliculitis, which is an imflammation of follicles or ingrown hairs. If our patients have a mild case, we advise them to treat it with warm wash cloth several times a day for about a week. If the pimples persist or gets worse, we treat them with antibiotics.

I'd advise you to contact your ht physician so they can treat it. Good luck.

Comment

• Kilam
        • Sep 2011

@ HTinTN30

@HTinTN30:

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I appreciate its normal - I'd be grateful if you shared what has been happening with the pimples etc.

Best wishes.

Comment

Working...