+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default FUE experience with Dr. Glenn Charles

Hey everybody, just wanted to share my first HT experience with Dr. Glenn Charles real quick. I live in South Florida which is very convenient for me since there are a few reputable hair transplant surgeons to choose from, however after doing much research for a couple of years I decided to go with Dr. Charles. I had a consultation with another very well known HT surgeon before I consulted with Dr.Charles and almost decided to go with him. Thank god I met with Dr. Charles before I made a final decision! Dr.Charles is extremely friendly, outgoing and honest. I could tell after talking with him for 5 minutes that he would be my number one choice, and add the fact that the other surgeon I consulted with wanted to charge almost 3x more per graft!

I am 27 years old and have a good amount of hair and was mainly concerned about my hairline. I had 800 FUE grafts done yesterday and although I was naturally quite nervous, the experience was pretty enjoyable. Everyone in the office was very friendly, I had a nice lunch, and listened to some music while the grafts were placed. I would say the only bad thing was laying face down for an extended period of time, which is a small price you pay for having FUE done. After the procedure Dr. Charles went over post-op instructions with me and personally called me later that night. I actually told him when he called me that the right side of my hairline (which was always my main concern) still did not seem as symmetrical to the left side as I would like it ( I admittedly am very neurotic about my hairline, but then again I suppose we all are or else we wouldn't be here). He told me I could either come back in a few days and he would touch it up free of charge or wait 6 months to see how it grows in and if I still was not satisfied would touch it up then. He recommended waiting 6 months to see how it grows in and I will go with his recommendation. I really appreciated him calling me and him caring about my satisfaction with the results, it means alot.

Overall I would say I am extremely glad I met with Dr.Charles and chose to get the procedure done with him and I will most definitely be going back to him for any work I would like in the future, as well as highly recommend him to anyone who is looking to have a HT. Thanks.

Glad to hear of your experience and now the best is yet to come. Your new look with awesome hair!

Best wishes to you TruthinSong!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Thanks Gillenator!

Thumbs up

Dr. Charles has a great reputation. Do you have any photos you can post? Love to see your progress over the months too. Good luck!

Yes I agree that Your new look with awesome hair!

Sorry I don't have any pre-op pictures to compare to. Just wanted to give a quick update. The right side of my hairline was really bothering me so I talked to Dr.Charles and he told me he would touch up that side free of charge. I had a small touch up (about 70 grafts) today and I am very glad I did as I feel much better. Dr. Charles is a man of his word and truly cares about his patients' happiness and satisfaction with his work. I am so glad I chose Dr. Charles as my physician and once again would highly recommend him to anyone looking for transplant options.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthinSong View Post
    Hey everybody, just wanted to share my first HT experience with Dr. Glenn Charles real quick. I live in South Florida which is very convenient for me since there are a few reputable hair transplant surgeons to choose from, however after doing much research for a couple of years I decided to go with Dr. Charles. I had a consultation with another very well known HT surgeon before I consulted with Dr.Charles and almost decided to go with him. Thank god I met with Dr. Charles before I made a final decision! Dr.Charles is extremely friendly, outgoing and honest. I could tell after talking with him for 5 minutes that he would be my number one choice, and add the fact that the other surgeon I consulted with wanted to charge almost 3x more per graft!

I am 27 years old and have a good amount of hair and was mainly concerned about my hairline. I had 800 FUE grafts done yesterday and although I was naturally quite nervous, the experience was pretty enjoyable. Everyone in the office was very friendly, I had a nice lunch, and listened to some music while the grafts were placed. I would say the only bad thing was laying face down for an extended period of time, which is a small price you pay for having FUE done. After the procedure Dr. Charles went over post-op instructions with me and personally called me later that night. I actually told him when he called me that the right side of my hairline (which was always my main concern) still did not seem as symmetrical to the left side as I would like it ( I admittedly am very neurotic about my hairline, but then again I suppose we all are or else we wouldn't be here). He told me I could either come back in a few days and he would touch it up free of charge or wait 6 months to see how it grows in and if I still was not satisfied would touch it up then. He recommended waiting 6 months to see how it grows in and I will go with his recommendation. I really appreciated him calling me and him caring about my satisfaction with the results, it means alot.

Overall I would say I am extremely glad I met with Dr.Charles and chose to get the procedure done with him and I will most definitely be going back to him for any work I would like in the future, as well as highly recommend him to anyone who is looking to have a HT. Thanks.
    that is awesome, my doctor didn't give a shit what happened to me. He still doesn't care that he ****ed up my neck and did a horrible transplant. I can only wish that patients stay away from him and go to doctors like this one. He stands behind his work and makes things right for his patients.

My doctor was a prick and in denial about his lack of skill and his errors on that day.

Good on Dr. Charles, I may be calling him to fix the bullchit my doctor left me with

Sorry I don't have any pre-op pictures to compare to. Just wanted to give a quick update. The right side of my hairline was really bothering me so I talked to Dr.Charles and he told me he would touch up that side free of charge. I had a small touch up (about 70 grafts) today and I am very glad I did as I feel much better. Dr. Charles is a man of his word and truly cares about his patients' happiness and satisfaction with his work. I am so glad I chose Dr. Charles as my physician and once again would highly recommend him to anyone looking for transplant options.
    did he have to shave your head?

My doctor said he didn't but just went ahead and did away, after I flew across the country for that as a deal breaker, a total asshole

Nope didnt have to shave my head. I have noticed what I think to be pretty significant thinning of my native hair in the frontal area which is kind of freaking me out, however they were all terminal, healthy hairs and I am pretty confident it is just temporary shock loss.

Nope didnt have to shave my head. I have noticed what I think to be pretty significant thinning of my native hair in the frontal area which is kind of freaking me out, however they were all terminal, healthy hairs and I am pretty confident it is just temporary shock loss.
    TIS,

I concur with your observation. Those darker "thicker" hair shafts will grow back in after resting for 3-4 months, you'll see.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin