+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    I'm sure they aren't joking. Was there an explanation?
    thanks for the reply
    They just said it would be a better procedure for me which makes me question their ethics. The work I'm looking for is minimal, just to improve the hairline slightly because, although it is nothing compared to most people on this forum, it has always bothered me. I hardly think im a candidate for FUT where they would literally cut a strip of skin hair out of the back of my head for such a small amount of work that i want doing. I thought FUE was a fairly simple procedure where they would take some hairs from all over my head and implant them at the temples to improve the hairline and it would look completely natural and unnoticeable. is this not the case? it's making me question whether i should bother in this pursuit or just accept my hairline

Quote Originally Posted by bomberman View Post
    thanks for the reply
    They just said it would be a better procedure for me which makes me question their ethics. The work I'm looking for is minimal, just to improve the hairline slightly because, although it is nothing compared to most people on this forum, it has always bothered me. I hardly think im a candidate for FUT where they would literally cut a strip of skin hair out of the back of my head for such a small amount of work that i want doing. I thought FUE was a fairly simple procedure where they would take some hairs from all over my head and implant them at the temples to improve the hairline and it would look completely natural and unnoticeable. is this not the case? it's making me question whether i should bother in this pursuit or just accept my hairline
    I would not trust any doctor why is not in the IAHRS. My experience is that the doctors who I saw, from MHR were willing to take my money and do surgery on me, but when I went to an IAHRS doctor they turned me away and told me try Propecia. You have very little hair loss so I’m shocked a doctor would tell you that FUT is a better option for you. That’s unethical! If I were you I would not have anything done and if I did, maybe a very small FUE transplant.

thanks for the reply
    i am starting to question whether it would be worth it but there is still a part of me that wants to pursue, do you think i would be turned away by a surgeon from IAHRS because it is such a small procedure? or maybe i would be a good candidate because i shouldnt get any more loss? i was thinking of going to farjo would you recommend him for this? or do i really need to go out of the uk? thanks

Farjo only do FUT as far as I know.

I think that as you aren't losing hair, that will count in your favour when a surgeon is considering your case. The only way to really find out is to ask.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

To be honest I think your crazy, your hair looks fine.

Save your time and money.

You have nothing to worry about. Just thank god your not balding like the rest of us on here.

Even if you did get your temples filled in a bit they would not look the same as the rest of your hair so you could end up with thin looking temples compared to the rest of your hair.