+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default That plugged look

I'm 53 years old and had 2 scalp reductions and numerous transplants done over 25 years ago. I don't have much graft area left, if any. Just wondering if there's a way to get rid of the plugged look. I don't really mind the way I presently look from the front, as the hair is combed back, but it's from the back and sides that really bother me.

If the hair was more thicker in the center area, I would be fine. I went 10 years ago to a local hair clinic and they said nothing could be done. Just wondering if there is anyone out there that has a similar problem and it they have gotten it corrected.

Doctor Representative the B spot's Avatar

Fred--- If you post/send me some pics, we can take a look and see what can be done. We do quite a bit of repair work, especially with old, larger graft work.

There is a very high success rate with disguising old work with refined grafts----in fact, many times the old grafts can provide excellent density, once disguised.

Most patients need the front hairline disguised, so with your issue being from the sides/central core, it presents an opportunity to bulk up density in the exact places needed to provide the optimal effect.

Additionally, b/c you have had scalp reductions, doing strip can be tricky as well (scalp laxity, scarring,). We can explore both strip/fue methods to extract grafts depending on your scalp from an information standpoint so when you do consults you will be armed with some great information before you make a decision.

Take Care,
    Jason
    Patient Advocate/FUE Coordinator for Shapiro Medical Group. My advice and opinions are my own and is not medical advice. I am a Cubs fan.

There are some good people here so you should upload some pictures so that they can give you some suggestions. This site has helped me more than I can express!

Hi Dyerfred

As Bspot suggested there is a very good chance you can have work done now and get a great looking result.

If you could post some pictures or start a blog that would be most helpful in gaining more advice from the members.

Take care bm.

DYERFRED,

I've had 3 surgeries with Dr. Wong to repair ancient plug work. These two threads chronicle my experience and the first 2 repair surgeries. The third surgery is ready for viewing and will be posted soon.

Doctor Representative the B spot's Avatar

Hey UncJim! Glad to see you over here!

So happy for you Jim...you've come so far and you look great. Dr. Wong has done a fantastic job giving you a new outlook!!!

Everyone will benefit from having you here!

Take Care,
    Jason
    Patient Advocate/FUE Coordinator for Shapiro Medical Group. My advice and opinions are my own and is not medical advice. I am a Cubs fan.

Why Thank You Jason!

I just noticed that the links I included this morning are now gone. Is there a reason for this?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by uncjim View Post
    I just noticed that the links I included this morning are now gone. Is there a reason for this?
    Due to the ugly nature of the internet, baldtruthtalk.com does not allow links to external hair loss and hair transplant forums.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Ahh..but my story is such a beautiful one, totally devoid of ugliness. Just kidding Admin. I understand.