+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default My hair, my plans, my story.

First post on here, thought I'd introduce myself, my hair and my plans for it!

I've always had a M shaped hairline, i was probably born a Norwood 1 if the truth be told.
    Im 34 years of age and would like to fill the gaps in, to give me a better hairline. I dont have thinning anywhere, just a well developed 'adult' hairline which I truely hate.
    Hopefully in a few months, this will be on its way to a more fuller future!

The photo's where my hair is brushed back, is just out of the shower, with some clay in my hair so it would stay put when I slicked it back!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-2.jpg

Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	10726   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-3.jpg

Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	10727   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-4.jpg

Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	10728   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-5.jpg

Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	10729   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-6.jpg

Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	10730   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-7.jpg

Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	10731  

If you're not losing hair and that's the way your hair is, then leave it alone. Absolutely no need for an HT in your case.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    If you're not losing hair and that's the way your hair is, then leave it alone. Absolutely no need for an HT in your case.
    It's always more about "want" than "need". I think he's a good candidate.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I appreciate to alot of people that it may seem unnecessary, but then what HT is necessary, we are are doing it for vanity/confidence/cosmetic reasons when all said and done.
    I hate the depth of my recessions now, and the fact that Im always pulling my hair forward to cover it.
    I am lucky with my hair, in that its not shedding or thinning really, but I would like it how I want it, as does everyone else who goes for one of these ops.

Welcome to purgatory,

You should consider Dr Gho - i'd wait for the results from patients who have already had the treatment... but I would choose his Hair Stem Cell Transplantation procedure over regular FUE/FUT anyday, especially considering the fact you have no extant thinning and wish to keep it that way.

The HST procedure may ensure you have no donor scars/liner OR FUE (patchy thinning in donor)... google "hasci" to find out more.

Forget old FUE this is the future - other doctors, its time to catch up.

One more issue - Gho has a waiting list until the fall of 2012 - but seriously, it's worth the wait!

I wish you the best of luck with your hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Welcome to purgatory,

You should consider Dr Gho - i'd wait for the results from patients who have already had the treatment... but I would choose his Hair Stem Cell Transplantation procedure over regular FUE/FUT anyday, especially considering the fact you have no extant thinning and wish to keep it that way.

The HST procedure may ensure you have no donor scars/liner OR FUE (patchy thinning in donor)... google "hasci" to find out more.

Forget old FUE this is the future - other doctors, its time to catch up.

One more issue - Gho has a waiting list until the fall of 2012 - but seriously, it's worth the wait!

I wish you the best of luck with your hairs.
    There is no evidence that what Dr. Gho is doing has any merit. I personally think it’s a crock. Did you watch Spencer Kobren’s interview with Gho? It’s clear from that interview that gho is doing nothing but a different type of FUE and hoping for the best. His results look horrible to me so I do not see how you can recommend him UK.

We are all desperate and want to believe that Dr. Gho has the answer but until there is open Peer group analysis it's his word against every other doctor out there. Believe me I want to be proven wrong!
    If he has the goods let him present at ISHRS like Dr. Cooley did last year.
    The really good doctors are not afraid of scrutiny. Dr. Gho must be loving you guys going on about this. He couldn't afford the PR that he's getting here!

I'm going to stick with proven results, Im sure their will be breakthroughs in the future regarding balding, but for now, FUT will do me just fine.
    Looking like October now, for my operation. Cant wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Walker View Post
    I appreciate to alot of people that it may seem unnecessary, but then what HT is necessary, we are are doing it for vanity/confidence/cosmetic reasons when all said and done.
    I hate the depth of my recessions now, and the fact that Im always pulling my hair forward to cover it.
    I am lucky with my hair, in that its not shedding or thinning really, but I would like it how I want it, as does everyone else who goes for one of these ops.

No it's not for vanity. Many of us do it out of necessity not vanity. Tell that to someone whose life is ruined because of depression and anxiety..etc. as a result of his hair loss then tell me if he's doing it for vanity or necessity. But when someone has 80 or 90% of his hair and chances are he won't be losing any more but he wants to have 100% of his hair then you can say that's vain. It's just like a woman who has almost no breasts (very small) and wants to enlarge her breasts and a woman who has big breasts and wants even bigger ones. It's not the same.

But if it's really bothering you then it's nobody's business to tell you what to do. It's your body, your money and your choice. I'm just saying that cosmetically you don't really need it -especially if you think you're going to keep what you have- and I wouldn't put myself through all the things that come with HTs -unless I really have to.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    No it's not for vanity. Many of us do it out of necessity not vanity. Tell that to someone whose life is ruined because of depression and anxiety..etc. as a result of his hair loss then tell me if he's doing it for vanity or necessity. But when someone has 80 or 90% of his hair and chances are he won't be losing any more but he wants to have 100% of his hair then you can say that's vain. It's just like a woman who has almost no breasts (very small) and wants to enlarge her breasts and a woman who has big breasts and wants even bigger ones. It's not the same.
    The point I was making was, that a hair transplant is 100% for psychological reasons, and isnt an operation that is required to improve health.
    Im not devaluing it as a tool to restore someones confidence, or to help someone who is depressed to that level.
    But who's to say im not depressed due to my 10 or even 20% loss of hair? when did they suddenly put a percentage measure on what would constitute a trigger of depression?