+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: give up?

Default give up?

When is some kind of decent solution going to come out for people with MPB? I mean I guess its always been 5-10 years right? I'm young so I'm not really informed on the cutting edge treatments of today but what makes them different from the ones people in their 30s were promised? Wtf is the point of holding on for 5-10 years just to be disapointed again and given another deadline. It's bullshit to all the people with this problem. This issue really doesnt seem like it should be this hard to solve.

There's no cure for Cancer, AIDS/HIV, Diabetes, MPB/Alopecia Areata, Asthma, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, Cold/Flu and a loooong list of other diseases/viruses etc.

We're in 2011..,not 1911.

Why don't none of these diseases have cures?

Hmmm.

Don't mean to put my tin foil hat on...but...you know how much the pharma companies and governments make with all of these diseases and viruses just being "treated", but never cured?

They say "hair loss doesn't kill any one, that's why there's not much effort being put in to finding a cure". Okay, then what about cancer, AIDS/HIV, diabetes, etc.? Which do kill people. How come those don't have a cure? What's the excuse for those not having a cure?

It could just be that there's genuinely no cures for any of these things. But it makes you wonder, these stories about doctors being shut down or locked up after curing a patient of cancer or aids? Ever heard about that Dominican Doctor who cured 20 patients of Cancer, and was shut down once he tried to GIVE[not even sell] Give the cure to America? Are these stories true? we'll never know. How about Cuban doctors, who are disgusted of even becoming doctors in the U.S. once they see the corruption in the pharmaceutical companies? You know Cuban doctors are some of the best doctors in the world, right? Notice how a lot of men in their 30's-40's in Cuba have a 10 year old's hairline? And this is actually pretty common. What's common here in the U.S., which is young men and older men with balding scalps, it's actually rare in Cuba, not there is absolutely no balding men in Cuba, just that it's a lot less common than it is in the U.S.

I know I might be called some names, but you have to admit, it is a little fishy how we're in 2011 with all these cool electronics and electronics that would blow any one from the 19th century away...yet we barely have cures for ourselves. We can make cool cellphones, and even more advanced alien-like gadgets for the military, find polar ice caps in Mars, but we can't find cures for ourselves. Amazing, or better yet, bullshit.

I agree with you.. i'm still young and at the early stages of hairloss. I'm already sick and tired of these promises, but I really do believe in 5 years from now baldness will be a choice. Advancements have improved, and with stem cell research, they are attacking this in different angles.

@patiently to be honest. Cancer, aids, etc. Seem away more complex of a problem then figuring out how to grow hairs on you're head. Don't get me wrong if someone offered me two choices of curing cancer/aids or MPB id choose cancer/aids but I see MPB as a way easier problem to solve. Also, if these conspiracy theories are true the world is connected in every way through the internet now wouldnt we know if someone in some other part of the world had found a cure to some disease?? They also say aids is a man-made disease that was intended to be used in biological warfare. Idk what to think of these conspiracy theories but the fact that humans are so helpless and can't even regulate industries and government within their own countries is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    There's no cure for Cancer, AIDS/HIV, Diabetes, MPB/Alopecia Areata, Asthma, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, Cold/Flu and a loooong list of other diseases/viruses etc.

We're in 2011..,not 1911.

Why don't none of these diseases have cures?

Hmmm.

Don't mean to put my tin foil hat on...but...you know how much the pharma companies and governments make with all of these diseases and viruses just being "treated", but never cured?

They say "hair loss doesn't kill any one, that's why there's not much effort being put in to finding a cure". Okay, then what about cancer, AIDS/HIV, diabetes, etc.? Which do kill people. How come those don't have a cure? What's the excuse for those not having a cure?

It could just be that there's genuinely no cures for any of these things. But it makes you wonder, these stories about doctors being shut down or locked up after curing a patient of cancer or aids? Ever heard about that Dominican Doctor who cured 20 patients of Cancer, and was shut down once he tried to GIVE[not even sell] Give the cure to America? Are these stories true? we'll never know. How about Cuban doctors, who are disgusted of even becoming doctors in the U.S. once they see the corruption in the pharmaceutical companies? You know Cuban doctors are some of the best doctors in the world, right? Notice how a lot of men in their 30's-40's in Cuba have a 10 year old's hairline? And this is actually pretty common. What's common here in the U.S., which is young men and older men with balding scalps, it's actually rare in Cuba, not there is absolutely no balding men in Cuba, just that it's a lot less common than it is in the U.S.

I know I might be called some names, but you have to admit, it is a little fishy how we're in 2011 with all these cool electronics and electronics that would blow any one from the 19th century away...yet we barely have cures for ourselves. We can make cool cellphones, and even more advanced alien-like gadgets for the military, find polar ice caps in Mars, but we can't find cures for ourselves. Amazing, or better yet, bullshit.
    There is so much wrong with this post it's hard to even know where to begin. First of all, Aids, which used to be a lethal disease, is now treatable to the point where patients afflicted with it have a viral load of practically zero and lead perfectly normal lives. They've made amazing progress against the disease. Cancer hasn't be "cured" because "cancer" isn't actually one disease. Cancer is a catch-all phrase that is used to label any disorder in cell replication. There are a thousand different ways for cell replication to become disrupted...so "Cancer" is really a thousand different diseases. Finding a cure for one type is difficult enough, nevermind all of them.

Also, the pharma conspiracy theories that claim they're suppressing a cure to make money off treatments is ridiculous. Pharma companies are staffed by real people with family and friends just like everybody else. They are just as prone to cancer and virusues etc.. as anyone else. Why would they keep down a treatment that would help save the mothers/fathers, children, friends ? People love to trash these companies and blame all kinds of evil on them as if they were run by unfeeling robots who'd sacrifice their own families all so the company could profit. It's just not so. The fact of the matter is that finding cures for diseases is far more difficult then the general public understands. It takes time... a long freak'n time and much collaborative research.

With that said, it's my opinion that some of these companies going after hairloss are getting close and we may see something in the next few years. Maybe not perfect cure, but, a better treatment could be likely.

HIV is almost cured. Haven't you listened to the news lately ? And people with full blown AIDS can live normal lives on meds. But anyway, I do believe MPB isn't nearly as complicated as any of the serious illnesses we still don't have a cure for. The thing is no one cared to tackle the problem until recently.

To the guy who doesn't believe in the "pharma conspiracy theory", well, I don't know what to tell you. It IS a fact that these guys are a bunch of crooks and thugs in general. They have lobbyists with some heavy weights and can actually pressure and sway the policy makers to make decisions in their favor. IT IS FACT AND NOT FICTION as you might think. It's NOT a secret, dude. There are treatments for a number of illnesses in other countries in the world that you won't find in the US for example. It is also a fact that the major drug makers are making BILLIONS and BILLIONS of dollars on drugs that either don't work well or are prescribed for people who don't really need them because the system is made to work this way to keep the flow of money going (into their deep pockets). Even doctors are in on it and it's a fact too unless you're living on the moon. Just two weeks ago I was watching a program on the local channel about the dangers of birth control pills -I think Yaz- and they showed how doctors are actually being coached and trained (BY THE DRUG MAKERS) to lie all the time ...

So wake up and smell the coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    To the guy who doesn't believe in the "pharma conspiracy theory", well, I don't know what to tell you. It IS a fact that these guys are a bunch of crooks and thugs in general. They have lobbyists with some heavy weights and can actually pressure and sway the policy makers to make decisions in their favor. IT IS FACT AND NOT FICTION as you might think. It's NOT a secret, dude. There are treatments for a number of illnesses in other countries in the world that you won't find in the US for example. It is also a fact that the major drug makers are making BILLIONS and BILLIONS of dollars on drugs that either don't work well or are prescribed for people who don't really need them because the system is made to work this way to keep the flow of money going (into their deep pockets). Even doctors are in on it and it's a fact too unless you're living on the moon. Just two weeks ago I was watching a program on the local channel about the dangers of birth control pills -I think Yaz- and they showed how doctors are actually being coached and trained (BY THE DRUG MAKERS) to lie all the time ...

So wake up and smell the coffee.
    If everything you talk about here is a FACT, then you should have no problem providing incontrovertible proof of your assertions. Please do so, and we'll talk through them point by point. Be specific, it's impossible to address generalities in any way other then the nonsense that they are. Also, What drugs are available in other countries but not in the US? and explain why they're not availabe in the US and also how they're being kept out.

And i hate to break the news to you, but, every large corporation (not just pharma) has lobbyists who try to work with gov't to create a business opportunities and protect their interests. This does not make them crooks. It's all part and parcel of doing business in the United States and other similar countries and is perfectly legal.

It's not my job to prove anything to you. I don't have to prove that the sun exists just because someone believes it doesn't. The truth is OUT THERE for someone who seeks it or cares enough to. Most people CHOOSE to live in ignorance -it's a fact too- and it's not my problem or duty to enlighten them. Knowledge cannot be poured into someone's head. The truth is out there. Seek and you shall find...or you can choose to live like the rest of the clueless sheeple.

The Alchemist is most likely in on all the corruption. Don't pay any attention to him. Sorry guy, no offense. You come in here swinging for the fences, seems fishy.

I hate it when people act like it's okay, about what's going on behind the scenes. It's not okay and I am pretty damn sure there's only "treatments" for all of these diseases because the government and pharmaceutical companies want these diseases to only stay treated. They're gonna milk us for as long as they want for these treatments, and when they do decide to give us something better, it will only be better treatments to STAY on, never a cure. Look at all of these "cures" coming out in 5-10 years for hair loss, none of them are really cures, they're all actually treatments in which when you stop using, you'll probably lose the hair you gained. Why solve the problem of something that's bringing you billions of dollars a year, what are the big pharmas and governments have gaining by giving us cures

Cool

The big difference between this 5-10 year promise and the last 5-10 year promise is that previously there was only theories.

Nobody was growing hair on mice. Cooley wasnt plucking hair. There was no Acell. There was no Intercytex. There was no Aderans. There was no Histgen. There was no PRP. There was no decent stem cell research going on (it was in its infancy).

Now we have companies like Aderans and Histogen posting photographic evidence that they have working solutions.

10 - 20 years ago there was only ideas and there were only theories. There is a BIG difference. So try and stay positive mate - I'm in the same boat as you, I have thought about this a lot and I have been researching for over 5 years myself.

And ignore the conspiracy crap. Sure pharmaceutical companies are greedy (duh - who didnt know that) but luckily for people with Hair Loss we live in a capitalist world. There are investors and competing pharmaceutical companies putting money into this billion dollar industry right now. Do you think that the Histogen funding grew on money trees? it didnt