+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: give up?

If there's no ''cure'' in my lifetime (I'm 22), and I'm almost Norwood 4 ... this is going to be one freakin' miserable life.

Because nope, a bald head really doesn't fit me at all, I'd see myself on the street and I'd say ''Holy shit that dude is one ugly ****''. And seeing my father with all is hair is even more humiliating. I was ugly with hair .. so imagine without it !

Premature baldness is the worst thing that could happen to me .. hope we have a solution within the next decade ..

I'm hearing you bro!! Stay positive - I think it's going to happen. Too much money in it for it not too... At least we're all in the same boat

Agreed. I have a fairly good shape on the head but it's a little too big for my taste and it really is disheartening to be forced into showing it off on a daily basis. Feels like it takes away so much from the rest of what you are. I got lucky and went from monk-like bald spot opening up to a full head of hair with the big three though. But as I mentioned there's a time limit on the top of my head and I really don't want to hit that limit.

I'm positive that there'll be a superior treatment within the next decade though. I believe stem cell research will keep picking up pace and and I see several possible treatments trial right now. Histogen, Replicel and CB-03-01 in particular. As far as an actual cure goes however I think you'd need gene therapy. That on the other hand is far off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    You're depressed. Angry too. But so am I.

I just pray that they hurry up. This has been the worst waiting game I've ever played
    Its like hide and seek, but all we do is seeking...

Quote Originally Posted by Jundam View Post
    Agreed. I have a fairly good shape on the head but it's a little too big for my taste and it really is disheartening to be forced into showing it off on a daily basis. Feels like it takes away so much from the rest of what you are. I got lucky and went from monk-like bald spot opening up to a full head of hair with the big three though. But as I mentioned there's a time limit on the top of my head and I really don't want to hit that limit.

I'm positive that there'll be a superior treatment within the next decade though. I believe stem cell research will keep picking up pace and and I see several possible treatments trial right now. Histogen, Replicel and CB-03-01 in particular. As far as an actual cure goes however I think you'd need gene therapy. That on the other hand is far off.
    congrats on your success....but there's no time limit on your head

most people who have success with propecia will continue to have success and only slowly will you have hair loss.....not noticeable over the long time, and normal as per normal ageing.

propecia is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundam View Post

Chrissake, Histogen IS gene therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Chrissake, Histogen IS gene therapy.
    I meant gene therapy in the sense that it actually eliminated the condition. Histogen is a treatment not a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by dkayla77 View Post
    congrats on your success....but there's no time limit on your head

most people who have success with propecia will continue to have success and only slowly will you have hair loss.....not noticeable over the long time, and normal as per normal ageing.

propecia is the key.
    Far as I've read Propecia usually lasts you 8 or so years if it works. Some people make it a lot longer, others less. Not that there's any real science backing that up but all things I've read indicates it slows hair loss but doesn't stop it and you will eventually return to a state of balding.

Jundam, don't tell me I'm stuck in my own little world; you don't know me and you don't know what you're talking about when you make those kinds of claims. I didn't come here to be lectured either but every time I post something (even in another thread), you've got to follow my post and offer your two cents. Whatever man, we disagree. Let's just move on.
    Kiwi, I hear what you're saying to a certain degree. We're all angry and frustrated here, especially when having a full head of hair means so much to us. The thing is: it shouldn't have to be this way. We shouldn't have to suffer with hair loss like this and we shouldn't have so very few options to combat our hair loss. Rogaine and Propecia don't do much of anything for most people and most people don't want to deal with the permanent head scarring of a hair transplant. A lot of hair doctors come on here and maybe if they see that some people are not satisfied with the current options, then they will offer more (and less invasive) options. I'm telling you, if we had more Histogens out there, our hair loss problems would be solved a lot sooner than later.
    And hopefully we won't have to deal with an FDA timeline as well. Hopefully a hair loss solution will come from overseas so it can bypass the whole FDA altogether.

Now you're talking