+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: give up?

Thumbs up

@patientlywaiting

You're stating that ALL companies are evil which is emotive and untrue.

My understanding is that the Histogen solution will grow hair on your head that will last as long as your normal hair before MPB kicked in. So its not so bad, I'm quite happy to have that if that is the best science can come up with in my lifetime!!

Histogen injection is also a treatment, but a better treatment. Which I already stated. We'll definitely have better treatments, in the future. But cures? dream on. Unless you're spending thousands of dollars for some hair cloning transplant, that's the only cure. But not everybody can afford that.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    The big difference between this 5-10 year promise and the last 5-10 year promise is that previously there was only theories.

Nobody was growing hair on mice. Cooley wasnt plucking hair. There was no Acell. There was no Intercytex. There was no Aderans. There was no Histgen. There was no PRP. There was no decent stem cell research going on (it was in its infancy).

Now we have companies like Aderans and Histogen posting photographic evidence that they have working solutions.

10 - 20 years ago there was only ideas and there were only theories. There is a BIG difference. So try and stay positive mate - I'm in the same boat as you, I have thought about this a lot and I have been researching for over 5 years myself.

And ignore the conspiracy crap. Sure pharmaceutical companies are greedy (duh - who didnt know that) but luckily for people with Hair Loss we live in a capitalist world. There are investors and competing pharmaceutical companies putting money into this billion dollar industry right now. Do you think that the Histogen funding grew on money trees? it didnt
    Sorry these are not cures, these are surgeries/transplants.

I'm not saying it is a cure. To be honest I don't give a shit if it is a "cure" according to your definition of a "cure" or not. I think you're missing the point.

My definition of a "cure" is having hair on my head. I think that is the "goal" here :P

You can argue semantics all you like - but the day any of these companies open their doors for business, I'm going to get on the phone and make a booking and while you're still complaining about semantics.... I'll have more hair then you

The good news is that it will obviously become consumerised. Everything does. Probably not cheap but eventually we'll all be able to buy our precious hair back :P

I was once blind at an early age, with an eye disease that gradually makes you blind. It is seen more on older people than a young guy like I was. Well now I can see again, thanks to an expensive corneal transplant. The disease I had, has no cure. You can, however, exchange your corneal tissue, with a dead person's corneal tissue. If that is a cure for you, then great. I can see again, great, now all I need is another expensive corneal transplant on my other eye to see form that one. What a cure.

I guess a cure for a broken tv, is buying a new one. Or a PS3 getting the yellow light of death, is just buy a new one. These are cures for you. Seems more like emotional cures. Just buy a wig, that would be a cure for you. You'd have "hair on your head".

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Just buy a wig, that would be a cure for you. You'd have "hair on your head".
    Not for me mate. A "cure" for me is having hair growing back out of "my" head, and whether its done via a "transplant" procedure or not I don't give a monkeys toss.

Holy crap you can see!!!! I think thats freaking awesome. I'm just sad that you still sound bitter about it, once upon a time people with your condition were blind for life...

Best,
    Kiwi

Inactive

Wrong Patienly wWaiting.

Those surgeries ARE a CURE because it does what it should do, give you back hair without depleting donor area and beyond the idea of an illusion.

WHat if you can expand the donor area with plucking to an extend of 25.000 Grafts? This is a cure in my books because it definitely fills your whole head to the point where you dont have to care ever again.

Even a NW7 person with a slim horseshoe, assume you would pluck the whole horseshoe, i think you would need 5 or 6 sessions (just to be sure) to be a dense NW1 guy again.

And stuff like this is a cure, but today i gave up on explaining anything anymore because its simply not worth anything anymore when people (hair loss community) are not evebn capable of working together to proof Ghos HST and isntead bickering about crap nobody cares at all

Wrong RichardDawkins

Wrong because I care and I want to work with people to see this happen

To be honest I'm simply not sure if Gho is legit or not - I'm hanging out for some macro photogrophy from the Gho team.

Also assuming it is legit and assuming it does cost a shit load of money there isnt anything to stop people from doing 1 Gho session followed up by a Plucking session from Cooley or something like that. People will have to think of ways to budget for some kind of plan...

Inactive

Kiwi i dont wanna sound like an asshole here but guys like you are the minority.

If you look at hairsite you see why i am so pissed right now, because a few guys are always sabotaging every little effort even knowing that it will expand the time till we can be certain if Gho is legit.

But if you ask for my opinion, i say yes Gho is legit and so is Cole, Cooley and Woods. To bad that they never joined forces in the first place.

And regarding Rassman, tsss of course he flies to Amsterdam because hey if he is the only one offering it he will make much more money besides his hair tattoos. I give him credit for doing it, if he is not lying. But for the rest of his existence i wont give him credit

You don't sound like an asshole at all. I don't honestly understand why I'm a minority though - I definitely have hair loss and the depression that comes with it. I have that in common with everybody here.

I'm also a technologist. And a futurist at heart. So probably exactly like you.

I'm on your side. I'm not going to lie and say that I don't want to see more photographs from Gho - are you telling me that you don't :P