+ Reply to Thread

Default Hi, I think i'm losing it

So the other day someone pointed out my crown is looking thin and since then I've been freaking out. Never really thought about it until then and I'm only 28. One thing is I've been recently paying more attention to my body lately so I'm not sure if its JUST happening or just slowly progressing. The other thing is that I picked up working out, which I know increase testosterone and possible DHT or whatever...anyway, heres the damage:

http://i.imgur.com/VCSZX.jpg

Am I screwed? What should I do?

Looks like you have some minor thinning there. How's your hairline?

Are you familiar with Propecia and Rogaine?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hair line does not seem to be going anywhere, just a lot of thinning so far on top. I've always thought I just had thin hair but maybe I was just slowly balding, I don't know. Seems really bad now that I'm paying attention to it, going to watch it closely to see if its accelerating. Might stop working out just to see. I've heard of rogaine and propecia, would they work for me, should I? Should I switch shampoos too? Never really thought about it too much until now.

I should add I am trying to talk to my Dr. but won't they are out of the office for a while, until next week I think.
    Last edited by servicebrat820; 07-22-2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Dr.

Hi. I'm not an expert at all but you seem pretty ok and don't think it looks so bad as you said it.

As mattj said, looks a little thin but just a little and be sure no one is able to notice that but you and that's because you started to immediately point your eyes to that direction and that's not how people see you.

However maybe it's time to start doing something to help your hair and I'm sure you're going to be ok budy. Don't worry too much, just take some preventive actions.

Okay, I saw my Dr. She said to try Rogaine out for 2-3 months and if there are no results we could discuss finasteride. So I got some but this stuff is horrid in the hair. How much of a difference would I see if I only used once at night? I'm also taking biotin and eating more soy, though thats just from some online research so not really sure how effective that is and taking it with a grain of salt. I will say that my previous diet consisted of absolutely zero Soy as I stick to whole foods.

Also, while I understand that working out will not cause the balding but is it plausible that my regime change has accelerated the process?

Servicebrat, I would try Rogaine for at least 5 months, not 2 or 3 before starting Propecia. I noticed it working at about the 3-4 month mark I think.

If it works for you, once a day is fine. Perhaps twice a day if you're not doing anything in the morning and won't be seeing anyone and therefore won't feel self conscious.

I apply it in the morning before I leave for work. My commute is an hour and by the time I get off the train it's dry so I run my hands through it to give my hair some volume again.