+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dhi company?who knows it?please help me as soon as possible!

I am suffering from Receding Hairline and I am planning to have a hair transplantation on the temples in the beginning of August with DIRECT HAIR IMPLANTATION COMPANY but I haven´t found any patient reviews or customer
    who had undergone a hair transplantation with this company.

I am not so confident about the hair transplant follicles whether they grow or not when they have been implanted from donor area to the recipient area using direct hair implantation technique.

I am scary and I am not so sure regarding the result of direct hair implantation technique.

The attractive thing of this company is the the low cost procedure they offer.
    The small session costs 2350 euro. I have paid in advanced 500 euro.

This company advertises that the DHI technique is superior and the best of all (among FUE, STRIP SURGERY), in the followings?
    a) It says that there is immediate implantation.
    b) It has more quantity of hair.
    c) It has natural result.
    d) It has no scarring
    e) It has no pain.
    f) The results timeframe are permanent.
    g) You can return to work on the same day.
    h) There is no scalp incision.
    i)There is no handling on the hair follicle to implant.
    j) The hair is out of the body only for few seconds.
    l)It has training certification protocols.
    m) It has accreditations.

ADVANTAGES OF THE TECHNIQUE AS WRITTEN IN THE COMPANY´S WEBSITE

Smaller diameter punches (0.7-0.85 mm) lead to faster healing & less marks.
    Direct implantation of grafts without receptions results in less trauma of the skin, less damage to the local blood supply and no scarring.
    Less invasive.
    Less traumatic.
    Significantly reduced bleeding.
    Minimal risk of infection as the hair follicles are transferred immediately from the donor area to the recipient area.
    Less scarring after the procedure.
    No microscope needed, so that the exposure of the hair follicles in intense light & heat is avoided.
    No handling of the grafts is required, thus increasing the survival of the hair follicles.
    Less tiring for the patient (seated position).
    Diminished desiccation of the grafts (minimal time out of the skin).
    Less anesthesia, less medication needed.
    Increased graft survival.
    Early hair growth as most transferred hair follicles enter the anagen phase immediately.

Are all the above real?
    Who knows?
    Is it a famous and well known company for the results it can achieve?
    Is this technique successful?
    Do you advice me to have hair transplant with this company?
    Is it risky if I have hair transplant with this company?
    Are the results 100% GARANTEED AND THE HEALING PROCESS VERY FAST?

WHAT DO YOU ADVISE ME AND SUGGEST ME TO DO?
    HELP ME PLEASE. GIVE ME YOUR OPINION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I have not heard much about DHI but their claims seem very bold. If they were so great you would be reading about them on this forum. Go to www.iahrs.org to find a list of the best hair transplant doctors in the world. Read other people’s experiences here and consult with several doctors before making a decision.

If this is the same DHI company based out of Greece, then it is the same one that was the big online buzz back in 2003 when FUE first really hit the North American hairloss forums. They had a consultant/salesperson by the name of Petermac who used to be really involved in most of the forums. He used to be a co-moderator for one of the larger online hairloss foums that has been going downhill for the past several years.

All you have to do is a word search on DHI at all of the major hairloss forums and start reading.

Your decision will be rather easy to make after you have read enough.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Dhi used to be the leaders in fue many years ago but seemed to fade away i've not herd anything from them for many years so i'd take that as a bad sign to be honest but you never know. Just to add i had one of there origonal master surgeons do my crown 5 years ago he left the company to be self employed working in the uk at many different clinics basically a hand to hire by anyone....Well my grafts grew but when Dr hasson did my recent surgery he said the dhi ht hairs grew in mad directions lol and Dr Hasson found fue grafts stuck in my skull under the skin when he did my strip surgery that the dhi surgeon had left there lol.

My husband used DHI. He was terrified. However, when he had his initial consultation (by skype) and then a quick chat with the surgeon beforehand his mind was put at rest. The procedure took about 6 hours under local anasethtic. Within weeks his hair started to grow and now it just looks as though he had already had it. My brother in law is also going to get the procedure - he is completely without hair on his head. We are in the UK. He went to www.traceybell.co.uk where DHI visit regularly. I wish he'd done this years ago as does he.

I used dhi three times I just kept believing the fantastic sales reps. It was one of the biggest blunders of my life and there isn't a day in the last 3 years I havnt regretted all my experiences with them

Forgot about your deposit whatever u do pls dnt use them. God if ur that hard up for cash I'll even give u that deposit just to save u from this joke of a company

Research woods, bisinga and there are a few others which dnt come to mind right now who are decent

I dnt really post on forums too much but when I saw a post regarding dhi I had to read and post

Dnt be a fool and go there, they have taken years of my life

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkerstonker View Post
    Dhi used to be the leaders in fue many years ago but seemed to fade away i've not herd anything from them for many years so i'd take that as a bad sign to be honest but you never know. Just to add i had one of there origonal master surgeons do my crown 5 years ago he left the company to be self employed working in the uk at many different clinics basically a hand to hire by anyone....Well my grafts grew but when Dr hasson did my recent surgery he said the dhi ht hairs grew in mad directions lol and Dr Hasson found fue grafts stuck in my skull under the skin when he did my strip surgery that the dhi surgeon had left there lol.

IMHO, I have to respectfully disagree about DHI being leaders in FUE or any area in HT surgery.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by morelocks View Post
    I used dhi three times I just kept believing the fantastic sales reps. It was one of the biggest blunders of my life and there isn't a day in the last 3 years I havnt regretted all my experiences with them

Forgot about your deposit whatever u do pls dnt use them. God if ur that hard up for cash I'll even give u that deposit just to save u from this joke of a company

Research woods, bisinga and there are a few others which dnt come to mind right now who are decent

I dnt really post on forums too much but when I saw a post regarding dhi I had to read and post

Dnt be a fool and go there, they have taken years of my life
    Dr Ray Woods is really the grandfather of FUE, and Dr. Chris Bisanga used to work for DHI.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    Dr Ray Woods is really the grandfather of FUE, and Dr. Chris Bisanga used to work for DHI.

U sure ? I think he used to work for that company in Cyprus, I can't remember the name but I think it was a similar set up to dhi but not as bad

Quote Originally Posted by morelocks View Post
    U sure ? I think he used to work for that company in Cyprus, I can't remember the name but I think it was a similar set up to dhi but not as bad
    Oh yes, I am very sure. You see the other clinic that you are thinking of was Dr. John Cole's clinic in Cyprus and that was when Dr. Bisanga and myself worked for Dr. Cole along with Dr. Paul Rose, Dr. Patrick Mwamba. That was back in 2003 into early 2004. We all quit working for Dr. Cole approximately the same time and IMHO, for very similiar reasons. Only Patrick Mwamba stayed with Cole. At that time, Bisanga and Mwamba did not have a medical license in the U.S. My understanding is that they were and still are certified in Belgium where they both today have their own respective HT clinics.

What I observed at departure was that Chris Bisanga statred working with Dr. Paul Rose assisting as an expereinced tech with both strip and FUE procedures. I know because i referred several patients to Dr. Rose and I was told that Chris Bisanga was assiting in placing their grafts.

The next thing I discovered was Dr. Paul Rose on the home page website for DHI as their appointed North America Director. I was mortified and shocked because i had been reading and hearing from patients about DHI from the past years, and their reputation. I then learned that Chris Bisanga also joined with DHI and from my observations, I believe he was helping them refine FUE techniques along with Dr. Rose. FUE was the buzz word all over the forums back then and DHI was being promoted unlike I have seen until Dr. Armani came along online with his high density low hairlines!

I have always been amazed at how quickly the tide can turn and how easily people are persuaded by the latest or hottest name, technique that hits the streets in HT surgery. This of course includes the Choi Implanter.

I did immediately also contact Dr. Rose inquiring about his involvement with DHI and he had no idea that they put him on their website with that title. Within just a couple of days or so, he was no longer on their website. Almost immediately, Dr. Rose and Dr. Bisanga left DHI. Again, all of this was posted on the forums from various posters/patients. It's not like this is all confidential. I myself verified that they had left DHI as I have many contacts in this industry.

There is an old saying which goes like this, "Birds of the same feather, flock togethor". Please take note that both Dr. Rose and Dr. Bisanga left DHI. Need I say more?

One last comment. It was Dr. Paul Rose who initially gave me the inspiration to become an independent patient advocate. He was my very first online doctor sponsor in April of 2004. I owe him alot because if it was not for Dr. Paul Rose (Tampa, FL), I would not have been able to make the transition from working on the inside clinic to becoming a single independent advocate. He virtually helped me pay my overhead when I set-up so I could still pay my bills. I still consider Paul a friend although I am not sure if he does HT surgery outside the state of Florida. He was also formerly afilliated with Dr. Shapiro in Minnesota for a long time.

Dr. Rose was extremely instrumental in the further developing/refining of FUE instrumentation and also worked closely with Dr. Jim Harris developing FUE punches which also incorporated dermal depth analysis. They both did a fair amount of presentation and findings at the annual ISHRS conferences workshops. IMHO, Dr. Rose never received the recognition he deserved in furthering FUE in North America back then when it first hit the US.

Anyways, I saved the best part until last!

Cancer or not, I remember all of this like it was yesterday...
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net