+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by AgainstThis View Post
    Hair transplants are only worth it if you get them at around age 35-40, when your loss has pretty much stabilized and if you are a NW3-3V TOPS. Otherwise you look like a funny man who got a bad transplant and has doll hair and never mind their "revolutionary undetectable" techniques of "tomorrow".
    I have to disagree with this. There are many examples out there of men who started at a higher Norwood level and ended up with a fantastic, natural-looking result. I'm also unsure why you have decided on this narrow, 5-year age range as being the only time a man should get a HT.

The doctor has to be good, your body has to accept the grafts (The best doctor cannot predict that) and you need to be lucky as to experience minimal shock loss. A lot of dudes who go for a transplant without propecia end up losing all the transplanted hair as well, or even worse, they never see it actually grow.

We can only suck it and cope, unfortunately.
    I think you'll find it very difficult to point to an example of someone who has lost all his grafts due to continued hairloss, and in those cases where grafts fail to grow (which are rare with the best surgeons) this is unrelated to Propecia usage.
    The other potential problems you mentioned are real, but you're overstating them and portraying hair transplants as being a much bigger risk than they are.

You might reply that I would say this because I work for a surgeon, but I've always been in the habit of advising people as openly as my knowledge will allow. The pros and cons should each be given as much weight as they merit for the sake of presenting an accurate picture, and you've loaded up the negatives to the point of being misleading. I know I can't be the only one who noticed this.
    Last edited by mattj; 07-22-2011 at 11:34 AM.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    I have to disagree with this. There are many examples out there of men who started at a higher Norwood level and ended up with a fantastic, natural-looking result. I'm also unsure why you have decided on this narrow, 5-year age range as being the only time a man should get a HT.

I think you'll find it very difficult to point to an example of someone who has lost all his grafts due to continued hairloss, and in those cases where grafts fail to grow (which are rare with the best surgeons) this is unrelated to Propecia usage.
    The other potential problems you mentioned are real, but you're overstating them and portraying hair transplants as being a much bigger risk than they are.

You might reply that I would say this because I work for a surgeon, but I've always been in the habit of advising people as openly as my knowledge will allow. The pros and cons should each be given as much weight as they merit for the sake of presenting an accurate picture, and you've loaded up the negatives to the point of being misleading. I know I can't be the only one who noticed this.
    Yup. Some people want us to think that HT is the worst thing in the world. They want us to believe it's a very risky procedure. That it doesn't work and only mutilate you. That transplanted hair eventually die like the original hair......
    Hhhhhhhh. I don't know where they come up with these things. Yes, there are butchers out there who think they're performing HTs, and the poor men who do fall for these sons of bitches do end up suffering, but at the hands of a real doctor, an HT can be a very good thing. It can be a life changing procedure.
    I say this and I'm a person who's lost a lot of my transplanted hairs. Still, I would NOT say HT is a bad thing. Because it's not. I have bad luck but I know most people do keep their transplanted hairs. I have no other problems. No complications. No big scars. No change in the shape of my forhead, ears or whatever.
    The bottom line, find a good doctor and not a butcher claiming to be one. Find a GOOD well-known doctor and not just a doctor. Because just like in everything else, there are doctors who just do HTs, and there are doctors who do them RIGHT. And yeah, there is a difference between the two. And if you are a good candidate for HT, chances are you'll be very happy with the results.
    If HTs weren't as expensive as they are and I weren't worried about depleting my native hair, I would do another HT in a heart beat.