+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default hair loss - body hair correlation??

hi there

i am wondering if there is any correlation between chest hair (if you have a lot of it) and hair loss? or even facial hair (the amount you can grow/thickness) and hair loss?

thank you.

body hair count is not indicative of hair loss. some have a lot of body hair. some have a lot of hair on their scalp. some have a lot of both. some have very little of both. you're either cursed with male pattern baldness or you're not

Inactive

Default Let me correct this last post because they are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bertrumhenderson View Post
    hi there

i am wondering if there is any correlation between chest hair (if you have a lot of it) and hair loss? or even facial hair (the amount you can grow/thickness) and hair loss?

thank you.
    Oh god. When I seen the first response I nearly passed out. Yes there is a correlation between facial hair and hair loss. Its unfortunate that soo many myths just get spread from people who don't know what there talking about. DHT activates hair on your face this is why you will notice that during your time of initial hair loss you will see that facial hair density will increase at about the same rate your head hair decreases. This is also why even the best heads of hair have unnoticable hair loss when they hit 16 and thin out a little from there boyish head of hear thus activating there facial hair to grow. This is science, DHT spikes naturally around the age of 16 to activate facial hair and some hair else where as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BackwardsBalding View Post
    Oh god. When I seen the first response I nearly passed out. Yes there is a correlation between facial hair and hair loss. Its unfortunate that soo many myths just get spread from people who don't know what there talking about. DHT activates hair on your face this is why you will notice that during your time of initial hair loss you will see that facial hair density will increase at about the same rate your head hair decreases. This is also why even the best heads of hair have unnoticable hair loss when they hit 16 and thin out a little from there boyish head of hear thus activating there facial hair to grow. This is science, DHT spikes naturally around the age of 16 to activate facial hair and some hair else where as well.
    so facial hair density and scalp hair density is inversely correlated is what you're alluding to?

men with thick hair won't grow thick beards and also the other way around?

my apologies for not knowing jack shit and spreading false rumors

This honestly has to be the stupidest thing to deal with. I would hate it. I mean Wtf cmon there has to be some kind of cure and permanent solution. Why the **** does one chemical that causes some hair to grow make others minituraize. I mean its all hair anyways right. Why only on peoples heads?? Why can't we make the hair on our heads less sensitive to dht like the hair on our arms legs balls etc. Wtf this problem should be solved by now

Don't know but I've got the good old MPB and else where I'm as hairy as fook. Could do without the back hair that's really beginning to take hold. You know I'd like to think that I'm not losing hair and that it's merely migrating in the summer to my back and will surely return to my head in the cold of winter. Seasonal migration and such. Fingers crossed.

hey, i just checked my old threads and noticed i'd gotten some replies in here... so sorry for the major bump, but it saves me making a new topic

so... hair loss IS related to facial hair growth, more so than body hair growth?

There must be a connection. After all hair loss is related with the low levels of ceratin in human blood system up to an extent. So as there is a low level of ceratine in the body, a hairloss or lack of facial - scalp hair is inevitable in my eyes.

you think so? are you referring to just facial hair or chest hair?

I have no scientific fact for that arguement, that's just my idea. And Not for body hair I think, it might be correlated with all the body, even legs. As age grows older, you slowly have shedding in the legs, pubic etc. and you start getting a stronger and denser beard, so there might be a correlation. Will be researching for that.