+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hair Restoration, considering some products.

I'm 24 (5'4" and 160 lbs), this started when 18 yrs old.

Firstly ************ from amazon, this is 15% Minoxidil. This seems to be one possible product that could work, there are some 5% Minoxidil products on amazon too, but I don't have time to excrement with 5% Minoxidil products since my baldness has advanced a lot and is affecting my life too much. My question is, if it might be safe to use it? Will it cause problems? also can I use hair restorative shampoos along with it (not together at the same time)?

If anyone points me to any reliable brand that we could order online, it will help a lot.

Secondly, I am considering taking Finasteride, is it safe to take generic brands? I found one (Finpecia), but not sure if it's okay. Are there any significant difference between Propecia and generic brands?

Also is it better to take 5mg or 1mg? Will taking 5mg provide better results? I can't ask a doctor in my locality, they don't know anything.

note: please don't say "consult with your doctor" - almost everyone in my locality are not qualified. The best they could come up with was drink lots of pomegranate juice and such or use nizoral. Btw does nizoral work?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 64.jpg

Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	10645   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 65.jpg

Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	10646   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 67.jpg

Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	10647  

Don't want to be blunt or mean or anything like that but if your 24 and have this amount of hairloss, Fin, minx, or nizoral isn't going to do much, in my opinion. I think you should just try buzzing to a #1 or shaving it.

wow dude im 24.. u seem to have a massive bald patch. U shud have started a longgg time ago. Niz and Minox would defo regrow some of ur hair but dont expect to have a full head of hair without a transplant

mothernature are you on propecia???

if you're 24 and your hair loss has progressed that much then you should just buzz cut your hair and get on rogaine and propecia...

Yes I'm 24, in fact turned 24 few months ago. It appears I have no "hope" of restoring hair, but rather transplant is the only option for me. I assume that is the case seeing as no one has given me much advise on the products I have asked about.

Don't want to be blunt or mean or anything like that but if your 24 and have this amount of hairloss, Fin, minx, or nizoral isn't going to do much, in my opinion. I think you should just try buzzing to a #1 or shaving it.
    Odd the helper lady who was at the sore suggested the same thing when I was asking for shaving cream to shave beard. I felt really hurt, not because I never realized I was going bald, but because of the whole situation. Especially the fact that someone quite not fully male having to go through premature Male Pattern Baldness. Probably because of the potent Testosterone in the family.

wow dude im 24.. u seem to have a massive bald patch. U shud have started a longgg time ago. Niz and Minox would defo regrow some of ur hair but dont expect to have a full head of hair without a transplant
    I was afraid of that, guess I have go around with some decent wigs till I get enough money to go abroad and get a hair transplant.

Some Background
    I'm from south asia, and I have a twin who is also exactly in the same situation as me. Us and family as a whole didn't take the baldness seriously when it started when we were 18. We all thought it was temporary. But it kept on getting worse each year.

Alright, I'm not fully male. I'm XXY, not only that it is diagonalized that I have 100% female brain (and some other internal organs too) and in order for me to live a stable life, I have to transition fully into female.

I am considering taking Finasteride. I read some side-effects of propecia and such that is not too favorable for males, but these side-effects are not that big a deal for me. It will be sort of preview look into HRT (Hormone Replacement). I can't consult with a doctor about dosage as none in my locality are knowledgeable of Finasteride.

Armed with this new info, I hope someone can push me in the right direction.

if you're 24 and your hair loss has progressed that much then you should just buzz cut your hair and get on rogaine and propecia...
    Only if it was that easy to get a buzz cut or shaving my head... I'm not quite male, so I can't do that without feeling suicidal.

the generic 5mg finasteride contains the same active ingredients as propecia. you need a prescription for these meds how are you planning on acquiring them? most men are prescribed 1.25mg/day for generic finasteride.

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Yes I'm 24, in fact turned 24 few months ago. It appears I have no "hope" of restoring hair, but rather transplant is the only option for me. I assume that is the case seeing as no one has given me much advise on the products I have asked about.

Odd the helper lady who was at the sore suggested the same thing when I was asking for shaving cream to shave beard. I felt really hurt, not because I never realized I was going bald, but because of the whole situation. Especially the fact that someone quite not fully male having to go through premature Male Pattern Baldness. Probably because of the potent Testosterone in the family.

I was afraid of that, guess I have go around with some decent wigs till I get enough money to go abroad and get a hair transplant.

Some Background
    I'm from south asia, and I have a twin who is also exactly in the same situation as me. Us and family as a whole didn't take the baldness seriously when it started when we were 18. We all thought it was temporary. But it kept on getting worse each year.

Alright, I'm not fully male. I'm XXY, not only that it is diagonalized that I have 100% female brain (and some other internal organs too) and in order for me to live a stable life, I have to transition fully into female.

I am considering taking Finasteride. I read some side-effects of propecia and such that is not too favorable for males, but these side-effects are not that big a deal for me. It will be sort of preview look into HRT (Hormone Replacement). I can't consult with a doctor about dosage as none in my locality are knowledgeable of Finasteride.

Armed with this new info, I hope someone can push me in the right direction.
    bro im south asian too. if you wanna talk about this stuff let me know I know it can be really tough.

^^UK yeah im on prop. It's not doing much for a receeding hairline tho.

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    I'm 24 (5'4" and 160 lbs), this started when 18 yrs old.

Firstly ************ from amazon, this is 15% Minoxidil. This seems to be one possible product that could work, there are some 5% Minoxidil products on amazon too, but I don't have time to excrement with 5% Minoxidil products since my baldness has advanced a lot and is affecting my life too much. My question is, if it might be safe to use it? Will it cause problems? also can I use hair restorative shampoos along with it (not together at the same time)?

If anyone points me to any reliable brand that we could order online, it will help a lot.

Secondly, I am considering taking Finasteride, is it safe to take generic brands? I found one (Finpecia), but not sure if it's okay. Are there any significant difference between Propecia and generic brands?

Also is it better to take 5mg or 1mg? Will taking 5mg provide better results? I can't ask a doctor in my locality, they don't know anything.

note: please don't say "consult with your doctor" - almost everyone in my locality are not qualified. The best they could come up with was drink lots of pomegranate juice and such or use nizoral. Btw does nizoral work?
    If you have the money... seek Gho.