+ Reply to Thread

Default 19 Bald - Where to go from here

Hello all,

Thought I would take the time to introduce my self.

Sorry my profile is not very complete yet I shall get on to this later, basicaly im 19 and very depressed about hair loss at such a young age. There is not a day go by where my freinds will make a joke about how hair loss has effected me so young.

I have been on monxidill for over 2 years, which did slow down the hairloss but has become less effective over time.

Last month I began Propecia however became unlucky and fell into the side effects group which did not clear so I had no option but to quit to regain sexual bodily function.

I am curently a Norwood 3 progressing into a 4, and hair transplantation has become the only option however I am unable to use propecia.

Please could you advise me in how to progress and get back my youth that has been mugged of me.

John

Sorry to hear that dude ... F ing baldness its a curse ..
    nature could have easily programed us to lose hair from other body parts, I wont care if my balls were going bald .. haha

On a more serious note . You were on Propecia just for a month and got the sides ? I have been on it for 2 months and so far so good ...

I know you don't want to hear this, but I think HT is not an viable option for you right now. You are way too young for that, IMO no one should consider it before 40. Even though I was considering it myself but the one surgeon I visited, suggested to stick with meds and it can very well work for 10 years !!

Have you visited any HT surgeons yet ? See what they have to say.

Cheers for reply,

Haaaa to be honest would be a god scent to loose ball hair! yeah its sucks so bad, its just im at uni and everyone you see has the beiber cut and people ask you how old you are and you reply your age and there like noooo way you look well older! soo anoying!

Yehh was taking propecia and like week 3 and I couldnt get bonner scared the crap out of me and reading all the horror stories on the web sent me mental but all side effects went in the time merk would say so was very lucky! Its a shame I cant take Finasteride but if you dont get the sides then keep it up!

On the transplant topic im going to get a consulation at end of august but I can seen him recomending to take the meds like you said! Im hoping that there will be some viable solution in order get a trasplant but will be very wary!

Anyways cheers for replying means alot, we will beat the curse!

All the best

Johno

Hey John,

I don't have any productive advice for you, but your story really moved me. Can't help but think how hard it is for people like us all around the world, and it's especially difficult when it strikes you at such an early age.

Just keep your chin up, surround yourself with people that can see beyond your hair, and remember that you are not alone!!

Cheers,

Thankyou for taking the time to read my story,

Theres not a day in life I look in the mirror and go why me, the feeling of emptiness and thinking what would I look like with a full head of hair!

As you loose each hair you feel one more step towards a future of insecurity you just want to be and feel like a youthful male but you are forced to mature due to hairline disapering along with your youth.

I genuienly thought I was destined to be a big bald male going on trips to thiland once a year to get thrills, I got so depressed the jokes was getting out of hand, I became an easy victim and I just felt hopeless I was so unconfident walking into clubs I just said to my self why would she wana go for a bald teenager.

But then one day out of no where this young cute girl starts chatting to me and I think oh shes just being freindly time progressed and we started dating and one year on she is hands down the best thing that has ever happend to me.

Anyways moral of stories that baldness does not make us unatractive males, I just makes us so un-confident that we put ourselves out the game.

I admit I often get down about hairloss and with technology ever improving and cutting edge medicne I feel in out generation we will be able to have full head of hair with no drawbacks and waiting to become "candidtes".

I was depressed one day and my dad came along and said of a boy who he worked with age 21 was diagnosed with terminal cancer and he said what do you think he would choose baldness? or to have the capability of life and to be fair he had a point! There are people alot worse off that us.

Anyways bet you're all falling asleep reading this so will end it here!, Aslong as we all stick together and keep postive we will combat baldness and it will jsut become a choice in life! To all the young bald men! We will fight this in our generation!

John