+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogaine

Default Rogaine

I have a norwood one hairline I've decided to take a look at rogaine. I have a few questions though how should I apply it, which form is the most effective, and is the generic brand just as effective as the regular? Also how bad is the shedding and when should it begin and end?

anyone???????????

I used Rogaine for 7 years and it has stopped working. It was brilliant for those years though.

I used Rogaine so I can't advise on other brands. I used the type you apply with the dropper - the liquid, not the foam. So I can't advise on the foam.

It's important to apply it to the scalp so that it doesn't just get caught in your hair. Try and push your hair to the side or part it so that it reaches your scalp. You must expose your scalp. Then use your fingertips to massage it into your scalp for a few minutes.

When you're done, style it the way you want to and try to re-cover your scalp with your hair. After an hour or so it should be dry and at that point I run my hand through my hair to make it look better.

When I started using it in mid-2004, it only took about 3 months until I saw results. Since then I pretty much forgot that I was balding until I noticed my hair was thin again near the end of last year.

Thanks for your reply. Is the liquid form more effective or are they all the same

Understanding Minoxidil, can help you decide if this hair loss treatment is for you. I personally now use an apply Rogaine Foam 1 x daily as part of my maintenance regime. ROGAINE - (Minoxidil) - Available first by prescription and subsequently over the counter, minoxidil has been in widespread use for a generation. It works in varying degrees, with some side effects, so it makes sense to study it before you decide to use it.

Rogaine Foam users are reporting a complete lack of irritation with the foam, after years of irritation with the Liquid form.

They are also reporting faster drying times, and easier application. The ramifications of this are huge. 
More importantly, is the study data. The foam showed an 85% effectiveness rate as compared to 55% in the liquid. A jump this huge is literally unheard of so definitely a good weapon to use as part of your regime in the fight against hair loss and maintaining what you have.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

hey spex, i know you've had a lot of HT's done, but what do you think rogaine did for the top or your hair and towards your hairline? I know that is not going to bring back my hairline, but i want to make my top thicker. Do you think it worked well?

Quote Originally Posted by Samiam View Post
    I have a norwood one hairline I've decided to take a look at rogaine.
    Why do you think you need to treat a norwood 1? Don't worry about it. Go enjoy your life.

Shedding can be pretty rough for some people. You should definitely gauge how much your situation now bothers you because Rogaine is not an instant fix and it requires a daily regiment of 2 applications a day. Also, once you start you shouldn't stop. You have to wade through the rough months where you might lose hair and see little or no results. Then after 4-6 months you start seeing some results. Stopping causes you to lose whatever gains you've made.