+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting Nervous

Default Getting Nervous

I am 20 years old and am worrying that i may be starting to lose my hair... This makes me nervous because i am a good looking kid with a very pretty girlfriend and am way too young to start this. it would be devastating. I have recently started growing my hair out since last january. It is now late july and my hair is very long all over... front back sides... so it wouldnt appear based on the growth of my hair all over that i would be losing. while doing my hair or washing in the shower i do sometimes see a few hairs on my hand or in my sink which seems to be normal... its never more than 4 or 5 at a time. i read another test is to tug hard on a patch of hair and see how many come out... 2-4 at most from any area. my real concern is the top of my head. a few years ago i stood up in the locker room at the gym and hit the top of my head on a corner of a locker. could this have stunted my hair growth? a few years back my mom had told me she had seen a bald spot on the top of my head but we werent sure what to make of it. now i am getting nervous. like i said my hair is long all over... so i dont think its receding. it falls straight down on my forehead for the most part and the sides near my temple. so it wouldnt appear my hairline is receeding. it keeps growing. now at the top of my head is my worry. i take countless pictures and each one looks different so i cant tell if its an illusion of light, me being paranoid, something normal based on me hitting the top of my head, or something to worry about. my hair is also thick everywhere but around that spot. can anyone offer their 2 cents? thanks a lot.

also i forgot to mention in my car, my pillows, my shirts, etc. i never see more than a few hairs hairs laying around that are probably a result of me playing with my hair or fixing it. so i am really not sure if i should be worried or if its just me being overly paranoid.

Over paranoid - go get giggy with your girl - have fun and enjoy your youth.
    Stop tugging on your hair

The average head of hair losses 100 hair per day
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I agree with Spex. Life is too short. Try not to focus so much on the hair and spend time wisely on things that really matter. I am not saying that hair is not important. After all that is how I make a living. However, we all need to step back every once in a while and put things into perspective.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile