+ Reply to Thread

Default Not sure where to post this - Just looking for help

I'm only 17 years old, yet I've recently noticed my hairline is starting to recede. My parents on both sides are in their mid 40's, and neither have them have shown any signs of hair loss. Is this even possible for someone my age? Should I be worried? Am I freaking over nothing? Is there anything I can do? Etc.

Thank you so much for the help.

Here are a few pictures.

Hey,

Since I see that none of the experts replied to your msg, I'll just say this - It's kinda hard to see from the photos but if you feel that your hairline is receding you should go see a doctor about it. I can't tell you whether this is the beginning of a process of hair loss but I can tell you a couple of things for certain:

1) It can definitely skip a generation, if it's in your genes from further back it could eventually be part of yours as well, but nothing's for certain...
    2) Many, and I mean many, people experience this before they're 20, even at around 17, so if it is happening, don't feel like you're alone in this, not by a long shot !!
    3) There are things you could do today to help curtail the effects, like drugs and treatments - seeing a doctor will make all those options clear for you.

My hair loss process started a couple of years ago when I was 25, and I gotta say, it just takes over your life like nothing you've ever experienced, so I think that if you have suspicions, you should definitely put those to rest by going to see a doctor.

Good luck man, and regardless of what the results are, just remember that you're no alone...