+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The drug is toxic!

I took propecia for a year and half. The good news is, the drug does exactly what it is suppose to do. That badnews is just that! Blocking the production of Dht is interfering with your body to carry out a natural process. Above this it interferes with androgen receptors, and the testosterone levels which is basically the makeup of a male being. The fact is, it lowers your testosterone levels, which in turn is a threat to your quality of life! You probaly didnt even know you had side effects, untill you woke up one day and realized it is not the same you of pre-propecia. Propecia was the first drug I have ever taken and it is certainly the last. I'm not one to vilify the big drug companies or corporations, but I definitely have a different view of any or all drugs that are FDA APPROVED! I will never trust what someone tells me, EVEN A DOCTOR! I don't blame Merck , it was my own decision to take this drug. But I hope someone on the inside will eventually come forth and tell the harmful destruction this has on the male body. I have since quiting that drug, devoted my time to finding ways to reverse it's longterm effects. And I can say that I HAVE. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE SEVERITY of what I'm saying, there have been people who have comitted suicide over it's in- explainable side effects. I have done extensive reasearch over the last few years. FOR ANYBODY THAT"S HAD TERRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS,IS LOOKING FOR SOLUTIONS, ANYBODY THAT IS THINKING ABOUT TAKING IT, ORTHINKING ABOUT QUITING! please feel free to contact me . I want to help! dont be afraid to speak because you feel like your problem is different. DONT BE STUPID USE COMMON SENSE!

'Fin it to win it' then eh?

Yeah the options suck but like UK says...

'Fin it to win it'

Finasteride does not lower testosterone. It raises serum testosterone by 9% on average.

Myth: Finasteride lowers testosterone
    Fact: The medication, on average, causes a rise in serum testosterone levels by 9%.

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...a-finasteride/

I will take Dr Bernstein's word.

Actually I can testify that I get symptoms south of the border but if I only take a small portion of fin I don't notice them AND it slows my MBP down - and it definitely slows it down. I've been playing doc for 4 years and I know what I'm talking about.

So yeah it sucks to be my head of hair but I kinda want to have hair AND have copious amounts of sex!!!

Just say'n.

A little group of anti-finasteride guys should make a song called Fin. Here are the lyrics. Put the War beat on, by Edwin Starr.

Chorus:
    FIN. What it is it good for? Absolutely NOTHING. [3x]
    It ain't nothing but a heart breaker, friend only to the hair taker.

Fin has shattered many young mans dreams
    Made him grow boobs, bitter and mean
    Life is too short and precious to spend taking fin these days
    Fin can't give hair, it can only take testosterone away.

*Chorus*

Sex, hair and understanding tell me
    Is there no place for them today
    They say we must use fin to keep our hair
    But the government knows theirs got to be a better way

(I want 10% of all your earnings, merchandise, etc.)

I'm probably gonna get some heat for this post, so in advance it's just a joke.

A song for the girls to sing.

Party All The Time by Eddie Murphy.

My boy wants to take finasteride
    Take finasteride
    Take finasteriiiide

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Finasteride does not lower testosterone. It raises serum testosterone by 9% on average.

I will take Dr Bernstein's word.
    Dr. Bernstein is just regurgitating the false and misleading information that is disseminated by Merck. It is true that the drug increases testosterone slightly since its conversion to DHT is blocked through 5-alpha reductase inhibition, but DHT which is a much more potent androgen than testosterone is decreased by about 2/3rds on average.

He also tries to make the statement that the side effects are not reversible and there has been a lot of evidence that has surfaced lately that shows this is not true.

I hope you're not referring to me as anti fin because i'm not. In my case my body is anti too much fin I'm just uber susceptible to drugs - but I'm not stupid enough to take no fin.

I've had 2 HT's and I have another planned - hopefully that will be enough to see me through till the time Aderans and Histogen launch something!!

But that said, and quite frankly **** Fin its pretty average... for me its a love hate relationship :P

The whole finasteride raises T by 9% is surely a bit misleading. T only 'goes up' as far as I know because DHT is inhibited. In other words less T is being converted to DHT so total T production doesn't really change. Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought that the combined level remains the same because T production is the same.