+ Reply to Thread

Default dr did not prescribe propecia...more shedding

As you can see from my earlier post, I noticed heavy shedding while on my 4th month of propecia. I have an appt with my derm on monday...she did not refill my propecia which was up 3 days ago. I'm on my 3rd or 4th day without propecia and my hair is still shedding if not more than it was before. She told me shedding while on this medicine was not normal. I plan on restarting propecia monday and was wondering if the reason I was noticing more of a shed then I previously was when I was on the drug was because i stopped taking it. But then again, I'm not too sure if only after 3 days it would be getting worse.

You won't shed hair just after 3 days of not taking Fin. I really don't know. It seems the forums are full of people shedding massive amounts of hair all of a sudden. I'm wondering if the makers of Fin are putting something in the drug that causes hair to fall out. Seriously, this is really weird. It's not like the drug isn't working. It's like it's accelerating hair loss. God damn hair loss. God damn hair loss.

Inactive

Default Watching shedding is overrated

Quote Originally Posted by guitarxlife View Post
    As you can see from my earlier post, I noticed heavy shedding while on my 4th month of propecia. I have an appt with my derm on monday...she did not refill my propecia which was up 3 days ago. I'm on my 3rd or 4th day without propecia and my hair is still shedding if not more than it was before. She told me shedding while on this medicine was not normal. I plan on restarting propecia monday and was wondering if the reason I was noticing more of a shed then I previously was when I was on the drug was because i stopped taking it. But then again, I'm not too sure if only after 3 days it would be getting worse.
    Shedding is a long term outcome of a hair follicle and should not be considered as evidence of good or bad results of any recent change. If anything the only gauge you could use would be watching long term shedding, for instance if u don't shed for months on in then something is working. Although this should really not be measurable because hairs are going in and out of hair cycles so one day to the next should vary anyways. Btw in my own theory I explain that the side affects of propecia combined with the reduction in prostate size are giving the regrowth to maximize your results abstain from sex/masturbation as much as possible and optimal results will be received. I really believe you don't need propecia so if you want to try just abstaining and increasing blood flow you won't regret it or wast money and possibly your penis. Good luck.