Question about Rogaine (to use or not to use)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jpeluso8
    • May 2011

Question about Rogaine (to use or not to use)

Quick synopsis. I took propecia for years, had good results.

Then decided to save money, and split generic finasteride pills into 1/4ths. NOW right about this change, I also started ROGAINE.

My hair for the last 3 months has looked noticeably thinner everywhere. I ASSUMED it was the switch to generic finasteride. HOWEVER, all the research i've been doing on the internet, shows that people who have switched from propcia to proscar 1/4ths or generic finn 1/4ths have had fine results. WHERAS SO MANY PEOPLE who are on Rogaine complain of horrible shedding, thinning hairlines, bad hair texture etc.. SO I really am thinking its the roagaine, and Im thinking about stopping.

CAN PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD please just reply with their results of ROGAINE..specifically if you survived the shedding phase, and what your results have bene long term? Trying to figure out if I should stop it or not..
  • VictimOfDHT
    • Apr 2011

Rogaine does NOT cause more hair loss. You know that. Whatever shedding people experience is temporary. I'm sure you know that too. I dont know what else to tell you.

Comment

• Jpeluso8
      • May 2011

Originally posted by VictimOfDHT
      Rogaine does NOT cause more hair loss. You know that. Whatever shedding people experience is temporary. I'm sure you know that too. I dont know what else to tell you.
      Funny cause I'm way thinner since starting it...and if u research the web tons of others report the same...

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Jpeluso8
        Funny cause I'm way thinner since starting it...and if u research the web tons of others report the same...
        Well, ever thought about the possibility that Rogaine does not work for you ? You do understand that Minoxidil doesn't work for all people. Whatever hair you lost -while on Minox- was going to be lost anyway, with Minox or not. Or are you trying to tell me that Minox is a drug that's made to cause hair loss and not the opposite?

Comment

• crowningglory
          Inactive
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Jpeluso8
          Quick synopsis. I took propecia for years, had good results.

Then decided to save money, and split generic finasteride pills into 1/4ths. NOW right about this change, I also started ROGAINE.

My hair for the last 3 months has looked noticeably thinner everywhere. I ASSUMED it was the switch to generic finasteride. HOWEVER, all the research i've been doing on the internet, shows that people who have switched from propcia to proscar 1/4ths or generic finn 1/4ths have had fine results. WHERAS SO MANY PEOPLE who are on Rogaine complain of horrible shedding, thinning hairlines, bad hair texture etc.. SO I really am thinking its the roagaine, and Im thinking about stopping.

CAN PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD please just reply with their results of ROGAINE..specifically if you survived the shedding phase, and what your results have bene long term? Trying to figure out if I should stop it or not..
          I have been on Rogaine (foam) for around 3 years. Shedding only was a problem initially (maybe for the first 3 month or so) and actually lately (after 3 years). Since feb I complement with TRX2 (which supposely targets potassium channels such as minoxidil but from the inside) which eliminated shedding and does wonders for me in terms of hair volume. Right now my hair looks like 3 years ago. May be worth a try but it seems that not everybody on the board is getting the same benefits than myself out if it.

Comment

• Jpeluso8
            • May 2011

Originally posted by VictimOfDHT
            Well, ever thought about the possibility that Rogaine does not work for you ? You do understand that Minoxidil doesn't work for all people. Whatever hair you lost -while on Minox- was going to be lost anyway, with Minox or not. Or are you trying to tell me that Minox is a drug that's made to cause hair loss and not the opposite?
            Victim what is your problem btw? Where did I say it was designed to cause hair loss? Thought I was allowed to ask questions on this forum? Calm yourself ok buddy? All else who replied thank you

Comment

Working...