+ Reply to Thread

Angry The Ignorant Media

Guys,

I just feel compelled in light of several recent patients who i have spoken to that the media truly do often put patients at a big disadvantage.They are ignorant when it comes to Hair restoration this is very clear and even though they attempt to give the topic of hair transplants "coverage" its commonly without understanding and they are oblivious to the problems they can create.

Hair loss causes great vulnerably we all know this too well - and people get so easily lead and when something is discussed in the media... well it must be true hey... A couple of classic examples of this, which given the opportunity in the media myself i would gladly blow the lid off this BS.

1. A recent celebrity came out all sing and dancing about his recent HT. However the result he displays is a complete misrepresentation of the ACTUAL result in my honest opinion. It is evident that this individual who sat on television with his doctor amplified and clearly exaggerating his result with the use of concealers. This is a fact. Yet no reference to it at all. Therefore intensionally misleading MANY vulnerable hair loss sufferers. 1000's of individuals believe now that this result can be achieved via just one hair transplant surgery (Such full coverage at such density)

MASSIVE dissapointment lies ahead for those mislead vulnerable soles when they all realise that in actual fact their result looks NOTHING like the one portrayed so lavishly in the media. This has set so many deperate people up for a fall that I have tried so hard for so many years to help people to avoid by educating them on realistic exceptions along with the many experienced veterans who reside in the forums.

2. Another classic misrepresentation and inevitable time bomb was another television show where they had a so called "expert" on discussing hair transplants. This "Expert" in actual fact is notorious in the UK hair transplant industry as being far from kosher. (Run a google search against his name) This is just another disaster in my opinion waiting to happen unfortunately. This person misrepresents further by putting a picture of Wayne Rooney on their company website in a blatant attempt to mislead people to believe Rooney went to that clinic, when in actual act he 100% didn't.

These are just 2 current issues i have been made aware of due to a volume of patients believing what they see on the tele and read in the media.

Spex
    Last edited by Spex; 07-13-2011 at 03:03 AM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

It can be maddening reading and hearing some of the nonsense that the media puts out on the topic. Hopefully many will make use of the internet (wisely - there's just as much misinformation online) and learn what's right and what's wrong. So many don't though.

What's the name of this 'expert'?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

You can't trust the media at all. If someone doesn't know that by 2011 then they are just unfortunately going to learn the hard way.

f the media

It'd be great if Spencer did a main stream media campaign. Or if a group got involved and did a TV docco on it. My father in law makes documentaries so I might ask him what he thinks.

We'd call it, The Bald Truth !!

spex should feature on the morning show or something

Watch this space
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

I know who you're talking about Spex. It looked like he had 3 times the number of grafts that he actually had. Many men could see that "result" and take the plunge uninformed and regret it for the rest of their lives.