+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Shock loss

Default shock loss

Quote Originally Posted by shockloss View Post
    you should be worried about the native hair that got shocked and lost . Trust me the transplanted hairs will all grow back just like mine did unless the dr damaged the folicles by punch in them, which is not likely. By that, I guess it's also depended on how careful the Doc performed your HT too. Is this a well known or still in training Dr?

Shock loss,

Did your shock loss every recover? I am in months 3 and my hairline got demolished. I've been through hell these last 3 months. Did yours come back if so when? Would love to know.

Hey jeff ,,, it started coming in after 5 months with the new hair and only kept getting better,, I was totally bald on top from the shock loss and was freaking. You can not tell which is new and which is native coming back. After 12 months I was happy but freaking the first 4 months before it started back. My doc said be patient it will come back ,,, he was right but the wait was stressful . I am happy with the results ,,, if I new how to post pics you would be amazed ,,, what r your transplants not coming back ,,, cause you won't get back the native from shock loss that was on its way out ,,, you pushed that forward with the shock from the transplant .. Good luck you will see it start back in about 5 months and will be able to feel the little hairs coming up before u see them

Default shock loss

David S,

Thanks again for your response. Feels good just to hear it. I'm pretty sure 90 percent of the hair I lost was previously grafted hair from 2 Bosley procedures I had in 2004 and 2008 so I'm not too worried about native hair.

My concern is I only had 1000 grafts in the front and I shed my transplanted hairs really early like in first 5 to 10 days even. I kinda don't remember them even being there. My 1st 2 procudres with Bosley they stayed in for 2 weeks or so and were clearly visible before they shed. I may just be paranoid but have little faith in new grafts.

At this point I'm just hoping olf grafts from Bosley grow back and I get back to even. I'd settle for that.

My grafts came out right away then all the shock loss came out,,I mean all the hair on the top of my head after a month,,, talk about freaking but at five months it started coming back and continued for about 12 months I then had a second HT 2600 grafts a year later with hardly any shock loss and again at 5 months it started growing in and is still getting thicker. You just have to be patient and it's hard to do ,, it was a stressful ride but I'm happy now ,, I'm 62 years old and have full head of hair on top now more than when I was 40

Default shock

Well that's encouraging to hear. How soon did the newly planted grafts fall out? Man its reassuring to hear the story. Really appreciate your response. I hope the same is true for me.

It started at months and all came in together don't know what wAs native or what was new but kept coming for 12 months ,, the grafts came out at about 3 weeks never got pimples just tiny hairs popped up and grew

Started at 5 months

Default shock loss

Thanks for all your insights. When you say your grafts came out at 3 weeks do you mean the ones you had planted in the suurgery?

See mine must have came out really early bc I never noticed them so I feel like I'm counting on a shock loss recovery.

I assumed the grafts came out with the shock loss because I never really noticed them either I lost all my hair on top and was pissed I did it till it all came back starting at 5 months. I lost it all after a month ,,, what kind of grafting did you have cause they cut the strip out of the back of my head and I think once it's done even if you lose the hair it almost always comes back and it's forever

Just checking back in after several years. I am still on my first transplant, which happened all the way back in 2009. Needless to say, I jumped in on paranoia of losing hair. I really haven't lost much hair since I finally saw the "fruits" of the finished product. I have been blessed to find a 1.5 Wahl guard which I use to cut my hair about once a week on the top. I use a 2 guard on the back and sides. It surprisingly covers my strip scar by using the extension on the wahl clipper for the scar area. In 9 years, I have only had one person make a comment about my strip and it was because of wierd lighting and they asked me if I was wearing a hat that day, which I recall I cut it a little too short that day.

I hope all of you gentlemen have continued on with contentment in your current hair status. I am getting close to 40 now and the "bald idea" isn't so hard to swallow now...amazing what a little age and wisdom can do.

Of course I still regret the strip scar surgery but it really doesn't have much impact on my daily life anymore. What a blessing. Best regards fellas.