+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Shock loss

Default Week 15 and going crazy waiting

I have grown some light hair back at week 15 but still no where near what I had before the 2969 grafts.my head is still somewhat numb on the top. I have not had any pimples yet and hoping they come soon as that is what always happens when the new hair comes in or does that not always happen?the waiting is driving me crazy.can anyone tell me how to post pics from my mailbox.i would like you guys to see what is happening and what you think.thanks for the support and replies.
    David

I've had 4 HTs (all strips) and I don't think you can tell I've had any HTs. I can feel where the scar is but that's about it. My scalp hasn't shifted or nothing. I don't have a bigger forehead or anything and my hairline isn't higher. Of course not having an FUT beats having one any day but people, please don't exaggerate things and make FUTs sound like it's the most horrible thing in the world.
    The other thing, I'm thinking about getting yet another HT -thanks to my problem that some of you know about- and this time I'm considering an FUE but the doctor insists that FUTs are much better because of the much higher survival rate of the grafts vs that of FUEs. So, I don't know. Is it (the survival rate of FUE grafts) really that bad ? The % of grafts (in an FUE) that fail to produce any hair is really damn high from what he told me.

Any info on what the survival rate (of grafts) is in FUE vs FUT ?

Quote Originally Posted by David s View Post
    I have not had any pimples yet and hoping they come soon as that is what always happens when the new hair comes in or does that not always happen?
    That does not always happen.

Yes, the waiting is the worst part.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Any info on what the survival rate (of grafts) is in FUE vs FUT ?
    I am pretty sure it depends on the surgeon. A truly gifted doctor can create great results either way.

I was told that my native hair came out from shock loss and will all come back in 4-8 months except for the ones on their last leg that I would have lost anyway.also I was told all the HT hair would fall out but come back 100% in 4-12 months.the hard part is waiting.especially since now I do look bald and it was only thinning before.hope in the next month I will see the HT hair come in ..I have already started getting my native hair back.
    Can anyone tell me how to post pics from my mail box.i would like to show you guys that know what it looks like.
    Thanks
    David

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    Yes the pimples can appear as the new hair shafts are just about to break through the scalp.

Use a clean, wet, warm, wash cloth and apply to each pimple for several minutes, then gently squeeze the puss. Do not scratch them open. Do not pinch them open using your bare finger nails.

The pimples won't hurt anything as long as they are from regrowth and not a site infection.
    My doc told me to place a q tip with alcohol on it over the pimple for several times a day. Is it better to pop it?

Feel free to double check with your doctor but my guess is that he wants you to use a Qtip with alchol to make it sterile when sqeezing it.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Victim,

Honestly, whenever I see any doc stating that he/she feels that FUT has a higher survival rate, they are for the most part generalizing the point on better yields overall within the industry.

Sometimes they are indirectly telling you that they have far more confidence in their experienced techs to dissect a strip microscopically keeping transection to a minimum. In other words, their own skill in manual or robotic extraction methods are not as proficient and they have much higher transection rates when they themselves are doing FUE.

But like Tracy said, the proficiency of each doctor who is skilled in both arenas of strip and FUE can potentially produce a nice result for their patients.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Default Shock loss

Quote Originally Posted by David s View Post
    I was told that my native hair came out from shock loss and will all come back in 4-8 months except for the ones on their last leg that I would have lost anyway.also I was told all the HT hair would fall out but come back 100% in 4-12 months.the hard part is waiting.especially since now I do look bald and it was only thinning before.hope in the next month I will see the HT hair come in ..I have already started getting my native hair back.
    Can anyone tell me how to post pics from my mail box.i would like to show you guys that know what it looks like.
    Thanks
    David
    David s,

Did your shock loss recover? If so when did recovery start and when did you back to even? I'm 3 months out and had terrible shock loss.

It was in month 5 all my shock loss came back with new hair. I'm happy

Default shock loss

Thanks David I really appreciate the response. I've been through hell with this. I'm right at month 3.

If you don't mind couple of more questions.

Did it start to recover at month 5 or was it fully recovered by then

Also how do you know it was shock loss recovering and not the new grafts growing in? I ask because I have reason to believe my new grafts will not be growing in so I'm counting on shock loss recovery.