+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Shock loss

Well I guess it's just the wait now,,,,,thanks for your reply it took some of my freak out away with everyone telling me it will come back,,,but what a shock I got with the total shock loss I had,,,,I remember the doc telling me about that but did not pay much attention,,,until it happened,,,he said it was rare but I think it happens more often than what he said.

Oh I totally think shock loss happens way more often than what HT doctors say. And let me tell you, I freaked out. I was taking showers and big clumps of hair were stuck in my hands, not on my scalp. I was thinking "There is no way this hair is ever going to grow back", it was just too much loss. And then I kept reading about if the hair is already on it's way out, a HT just accelerates the process. Then the scalp pimples came!
    It is a waiting game. It did all grow back. I am thrilled with the final results. I will post a post picture soon, it's pretty amazing. But man, the hell I went through... Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Mint View Post
    dg,

I am only one person with an opinion, but I wouldn't tell my worst enemy to get a strip surgery. FUE is more expensive but you don't risk the scar. I am young but one day I may have to have chemotherapy. I don't even want to think about dealing with having a scar from one ear to the other on the back of my head knowing my hair would probably fall out...to me, people knowing I had the surgery is even worse than going bald.

Also, in the event you are not happy with the surgery and decide instead of chasing your baldness for years to come and spending thousands of dollars, now you may be stuck with dealing with your thinning hair, bad surgery and a scar to deal with to determine how you are going to proceed.

Keep doing research and think about it and you will make the right decision. I am not against hair transplant surgery so I don't want to sway you but it is good to know the risks.
    I couldn't agree more. I would NEVER suggest to anyone to have a strip procedure. SO much can go wrong, and no matter what you will be back for a 2nd round at some point in your life to cover up something that didn't come out right.

My scalp is stretched so badly to account for the amount of donor taken in the back that my whole scalp has be unnaturally shift back. Pulling the scalp back has exposed much more of my forehead than has ever been exposed before the procedure. I will need 1500 graft to have my original look back from the front. FUE is the only way to go and that has a ton of risks, but you will never have to worry about having your scalp stretched unnaturally covering areas that it wasn't intended to cover. My scalp is so tight at some point during everyday since that loser doctor touched my head I haven't had a normal day pain free.

If you read my thread on the "nightmare experience" I did a ton of research and still picked a loser doctor. Matter of fact the more research you do could possible lead you down the wrong road. It is hard to determine in a state of finding a solution for your hairloss and relying on what is rational or irrational on the internet or in person.

I used this site and others and was still mislead.

Great point Denver, just go natural and save your money

Hey Condor,,,I'd like to see your pics,,,I'll post mine of before the HT and after,,,if I can figure out how to do it,,and then I'll just have to wait to post the finished outcome.

David, you are just entering the third month post-op. The regrowth should start showing any time now. Usually 3-4 months before you start seeing anything.

It also sounds like you were experiencing a diffused thinning pattern. Without seeing your before pics, it's hard to tell how diffused your existing hair was. Obviously thare have been lots of miniturization going on for years right?

The weakest hair may not come back. The stronger hair will regrow along with the transplanted hair. Both the transplants and existing natural hair rests for 3-4 months once it sheds and enters the resting (telogen) phase. It will then both regrow once the follicles re-enter the growth (anagen) phase.

Hang in there for awhile longer. Feel free to email me your progress pics if you want my opinion as your journey through the regrowth.

Best wishes to you my friend.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Default Lost my other hair after HT

I will try and send some pics if I can figure out how to do it.

Thanks for your reply ,,,, I really freaked when I lost all the hair on top after the HT.

Will I get pimples on my head when it starts to come back,,, I was told that but not seen any yet and should I break them open if they happen or just leave alone. Also would Rogain help it come back faster. I really don't want to use that life,,,, that is why I did the HT.

Will I get pimples on my head when it starts to come back,,, I was told that but not seen any yet and should I break them open if they happen or just leave alone. Also would Rogain help it come back faster. I really don't want to use that life,,,, that is why I did the HT.

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    Oh I totally think shock loss happens way more often than what HT doctors say. And let me tell you, I freaked out. I was taking showers and big clumps of hair were stuck in my hands, not on my scalp. I was thinking "There is no way this hair is ever going to grow back", it was just too much loss. And then I kept reading about if the hair is already on it's way out, a HT just accelerates the process. Then the scalp pimples came!
    It is a waiting game. It did all grow back. I am thrilled with the final results. I will post a post picture soon, it's pretty amazing. But man, the hell I went through... Hang in there.
    Oh.. hearing your story makes me feel a bit better.
    Did you have any donor loss? That's what's happening to me now...

Quote Originally Posted by David s View Post
    Yes the pimples can appear as the new hair shafts are just about to break through the scalp.

Use a clean, wet, warm, wash cloth and apply to each pimple for several minutes, then gently squeeze the puss. Do not scratch them open. Do not pinch them open using your bare finger nails.

The pimples won't hurt anything as long as they are from regrowth and not a site infection.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin