+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shock loss

Thanks DM. too many bad Doc who do not care about anything but money. People are scared for life because of all the bastards. Never do HT with cheap price, better yet.. don't do it at all.

Unhappy Shock Loss

My situation is different i just got my 4th Transplant and i noticed a week later alot of my previous grafts got shocked and im getting nervous but my doctor said it will grow back I thought Grafts could not be shocked
    Im feeling very down about this

Franky boy
    no worries, lots of mine hairline grow back in about three months but still most hair in the temples are missing. I have been through hell and I gave up thinking about it. I used laser comb and ropain to speed up the growing. I think it helps. It's still a lot less than my preop but that is the price I pay. Hopefully it grows more in future. how bad you have? i had full head of hair and after HT I lost 90% of all area (3in from the hairline) where i got the transplant.

Default Shock loss

What worries me is that these are grafts that got shocked not my native hair again I was told that they would grow back but I'm still worried I was under the assumption transplant grafts can't be shocked but I as I know now they can. I look like I got a haircut and they cut too much on top. I wish a doctor on this forum can reassure me they should all grow back

you should be worried about the native hair that got shocked and lost . Trust me the transplanted hairs will all grow back just like mine did unless the dr damaged the folicles by punch in them, which is not likely. By that, I guess it's also depended on how careful the Doc performed your HT too. Is this a well known or still in training Dr?

Smile Shock Loss

Thanks for the input i went to a doctor who is not on this forum
    My 3rd Transplant i went to a doctor on this forum and did not get good results ....There alot of good doctors out there who are not on Transplant Websites. I did not make the Doctor shave my head because i had to go to work the next week also there is less of a chance of Transection. I hope all my previous grafts grow back and my new grafts grown in good

Hey Frankie, I'm in the exact same situation. I opted for a fourth, and last, transplant two and a half weeks ago, to fill out my previous transplants, and a lot of my previous hair grafts fell out, which I thought were shockproof. Now I look much worse than before the last HT. Sure hope everything will grow as the doctor says...

Default Shock loss

It's been almost 2 months now and I see a slight improvment I hope all my previous grafts grow back and I also look worse than before

Condor & Frankie & Condor,

Your shockloss should be temporary. This can happen even though some of the shock was previous transplanted hair.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Default Shock loss

I had a transplant done by Dr E Epstein in Richmond Va.in mid Aug. 2011 I had2969 grafts.2 weeks later I lost almost all the hair I already had on the top of my head.shock loss is what they said.I am very freaked but was told it will come back,,,is there a chance it won't and when will I see the new hair?which should come back first,,,the hair from the shock loss or the transplanted hair?Now I really am bald before it was just thinning.