+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Yep I've decided against Fin as well, too big a risk, no guarantees it'll do what I'd like it to either, but further hairloss is guaranteed if I don't take it-****ing great options we've got right now huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Yep I've decided against Fin as well, too big a risk, no guarantees it'll do what I'd like it to either, but further hairloss is guaranteed if I don't take it-****ing great options we've got right now huh?
    lol thats the dilemma I am in!!

You know I could take it now and "possibly" stop further loss... and destroy my sex drive at the same time... or I could take it... get no results and also destroy my sex drive... or I could... well you get the picture...

After weighing up the potentials... I decided if I go down "thin street" I might just use toppik and/or shave it real short, grade 1....

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    lol thats the dilemma I am in!! You know I could take it now and "possibly" stop further lossand destroy my sex drive
    How does it destroy your sex drive

Quote Originally Posted by Samiam View Post
    How does it destroy your sex drive
    One of the sides is that it may cause permanent issues with your sex drive....

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    One of the sides is that it may cause permanent issues with your sex drive....
    And it might 'possibly' give you bigger breasts than your girlfriend, on top of a shriveled dick.

UK - if I see you walking down 'thin street' don't laugh at me 'cos thats the look I'll most likely adopt too

Yeah no fin for me either. In the best case scenario fin will slow down my hair loss and deter the unavoidable. I'm gonna ride it out and wait for better treatments.
    They are already artifically creating body parts some day that will create hair follicles.

It hasn't destroy my sex drive after 8 months i'm as horny as ever, and i've taken it before, on and off. The longest I ever took it before this was 6 months straight, never had loss of libido or whatever it is.

A lot of people who don't end up using it, are people who end up listening to another guy who didn't use it, because they heard another guy who didn't use it, heard that another guy who didn't use it, heard that a guy who used it got sexual sides.

So if you don't get on it, you will just be another guy who never got on it, because you heard stories from other guys who never got on it.

Fair enough but the thought of having permanent breasts frightens me more than losing my hair, lowered libido I could possibly handle, but not tits.

Ultimatetly it's up to each individual, getting on Fin doesn't appeal to me.

Even if the sides are hyped up, knowing my luck I'd get them.

PatientlyWaiting- A lot of users actually see no side-effects for the first year of use. Second year, their body catches up and it's hell. We've had many well documented cases over at hairloss.gr, of guys who used to be fanatical advocates of finasteride and when it all came crashing down, they had no words for any of us.

Ultimately, finasteride inhibits the production of a vital male hormone. It's a very crude and ineffective way of treating hair loss and definitely not worth it. **** over hair wins it every time and in fin's case, hair is not even guaranteed.

PS At least minoxidil is a good, though impractical way of keeping what you have and possibly regrowing some.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Fair enough but the thought of having permanent breasts frightens me more than losing my hair, lowered libido I could possibly handle, but not tits.

Ultimatetly it's up to each individual, getting on Fin doesn't appeal to me.

Even if the sides are hyped up, knowing my luck I'd get them.
    I dont think the sides are hyped up, Mercks "2% rhetoric" applies to 1mg perhaps, but what after a year when you need to up your dose? As soon as you get up to the 2 - 5mg quadrants you're looking at 30 - 40% chances of sides, and the realisation that you've caused damage to your sex drive after taking fin is a scenario I could do without.

DHT serves many a purpose in the body, researchers are still trying to find out why, after using DHT inhibitors, it is testosterone that occurs as abnormally lower in those patients that experience the sides. The take-home lesson is hormones are not to be ****ed with, AgainstThis hit the nail on the head; its a very crude way of dealing with hair loss, its archaic compared to the potentials of medicine in this age.

But again, not all people will experience sides, most people who use the drug probably wont experience anything for the years they are on it, but for me, the stories I have heard.. penile implants etc - have just put me off the drug completely.