+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hybrid View

Would be good to know how you get on Sarah. I've been thinking about doing this too. But, have been weary about why the 5% it not marketed to women. Maybe females are more prone to the side effects? There are some helpful suggestions here. But, would be happier to hear about a real-life result.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sammygirl View Post
    Would be good to know how you get on Sarah. I've been thinking about doing this too. But, have been weary about why the 5% it not marketed to women. Maybe females are more prone to the side effects? There are some helpful suggestions here. But, would be happier to hear about a real-life result.
    Don't use Rogaine if you're pregnant or nursing. Other than that, the common listed side effect is dry itchy scalp which according to the Rogaine FAQs, goes away when you discontinue using it.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Default My personal campaign against thinning hair

Short of transplants and fake hair, I decided to wage war against my thinning hair.

I am a 69 year old female and started this four months ago. I use 5% Rogaine for men (foam now available in the men's version), I take Biotin everyday, I use a thickening shampoo and conditioner, and an amazing (but pricy) product called Eclipse to hide areas where my scalp shows through. Altogether, I am getting good results but not sure which of these strategies is most responsible because I started them all at once. I'm definitely getting regrowth from the Rogaine.

If you are concerned that 5% Rogaine will give you unwanted facial hair, I have the solution. It's Vaniqa!! OMG, I love this product. I had some facial hair before I started the Rogaine so I was using Vaniqa already. After using the Rogaine for 4 months, I see no difference in facial hair. Vaniqa is a miracle product. It virtually eliminates facial hair and what you do still get is very fine. Any doctor will write you a Rx for it but it's expensive, about $140 for 1.59 oz tube (at Costco) but that will last about 4-6 months.

Eclipse is great too. It's a super fine powder-like fiber that you dab on anywhere your scalp shows through after you fix your hair. Comes in a variety of colors. A 0.49 oz jar is about $25 on Amazon and lasts about 6 months.

Good luck to all.

Does anyone know if it can be used when one has hypertension?

Hi, I recently started using the 5% foam for men, and I've been wondering if I should be applying it once or twice a day?

Currently Rogaine sells the 5% foam for women and they've said to use it once a day.... so if I were using the 5% foam for men, does it mean that I only apply it once a day? Or should I apply it twice a day? Grateful if anyone can help.

My dermatologist also mentioned that the 5% Rogaine is most advised for usage - women included

So, I am 25 and have been experiencing hair loss and shedding for around 5 years now. I have been using Men's Rogaine for around 4-5 years now. I have been told by three different dermatologists that it is in my best interest to use it and I believe it has helped. From what I understand most dermatologists recommend women using 5% just like men. It just works better if it works for you.
    Rogaine (Minoxidil) is easy to use, and best of all—it works. I found I definitely had increased hair growth. I use the Men's foam (buy the 3-pack, its much cheaper).
    If you're curious I get it online from http://ow.ly/SrlK30haASo . It is safe here have a very affordable price and have an excellent service. You can use discount code "GETMYSALE" to get 10% off.
    I think it's important for everyone here to see a doctor to ensure that Rogaine is right for you. I wish you all the best with your hair growth (on your head of course)!

Smile Using 5% Rogaine for Men

I tried the rogaine 2% for women foam and it not only didn't do anything, but it was turning my hair a little yellowish. I am 61 and don't color my hair and have lots of silvery white. I asked my dermatologist about what to do for thinning hair and she said to use the men's 5%. My dermatologist is probably around 40 and has beautiful skin and hair, and she said she uses it every day! I never had bald spots, but always had very fine and short "baby" hair on each side of my crown in the front. I have been using it for about two months and my hair is definitely filling in and getting longer in those spots. It is also a touch darker. It is not a huge difference, but it is slowly working. I also found that Walmart's generic brand was the cheapest. I might try it on my eyebrows too, after reading some comments

270 Greenwich St, New York, NY 10007, USA

Wow! I thought men products are only for men! It's great to know that Rogaine can be helpful for women too. I'm excited because my husband uses some hair fall product and including Rogaine. :P

Rogaine is for women with thinning hair of any cause. Unlike Revivogen, which can stop the cause of hair loss if you've been diagnosed with androgenetic alopecia, Rogaine will help stimulate growth despite whatever is causing your loss. Rogaine is typically the foundational treatment for women experiencing any form of hair loss aside from patchy loss. The new foam is significantly more effective than the previous liquid, and causes no irritation. It dries quickly and was shown in recent FDA trials to be nearly 25% more effective than the liquid was. This product is highly recommended both by physicians and our members.