+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: the WTF Scar!

Default the WTF Scar!

Here is a pic of my scar recieved from removing non-cancerous birth mark in 1995 (age 23), I made mistake of shaving down to #1 and there it is in all of its glory. Ive tried Toppix, sprays etc, but all they do is enhance the hair around the scar and it begins to take on the characteristcs of a vagina (not a good look). Can hide when hair is longer but still want to fix. Any suggestions (Fue, Tri-Closure??)Or do I have to have to wear my hair like Joe Dirt the rest of my life? HELP!..Thanks RH

An FUE can fix this i think. You have a lot of donnor hair available and you won't need a lot of them to cover this, so i'm assuming it won't be super expensive.

Was the birthmark removed by cutting away the skin? FUE can be successful in adding grafts to cover a scar, but it largely depends on the type of scar tissue present. Some scar tissue is thick and not very well supplied with blood vessels which can lead to poor growth.

Was the birthmark visible through your hair?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Default it had a long name

birthmark is the term I loosley use, It was called nevus sebaceous of johansson. It was a patch of hairloss that developed in the 90s, I guess if I didnt remove it can become cancer. Anyway they hacked away, Dermotolgists say it is cosmetic now. The biopsys didnt reflect a lack of bloodflow.

You could FUE into it - however if laxity is good you could have a competent doc revise the scar making it much smaller and then FUE into it increasing the chances of a better end result.
    FUE'ing into scars is always a little unpredictable so therefore minimising the surface area you need to cover would be beneficial.

Where are you based as if anywhere near Washington DC look into Dr Lindsey as he will be a great guy to consult with to gain an accurate opinion on how best proceed given his vast experience with facial plastic surgery and scar repairs.

Hope this helps
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

redhusky,

You may first want to consider treating the area with Acell which has been demonstrating awesome results with scar repair.

Possibly this can improve the appearance with or without additional scar revision surgery.

There is a huge thread within this section of the forum which you may want to read first.

Wish you the best in getting this scar improved.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

The acell results i have seen in person are far from awesome.

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    The acell results i have seen in person are far from awesome.
    That's a very general statement Spex so please give us the basis for your comment. Are you saying that Dr. Feller is using Acell? How long and how many patients has he treated with Acell?

Please tell us then exactly how many patients you have examined "in person" who haved used Acell, and considering you are in the UK right? Where did you examine these patients? Which doctors you are referring to, and how the Acell was employed by them. How many used the powder form, how many were by fluid injection, and exactly what you meant by "far from awesome".

Which clinics in the UK or Europe are using Acell? Just wondering where and what you are basing your opinion on.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Gill,

It is only my opinion based on the 2 patients i have met in person who were highly disappointed with acell as had left them an expanse of bald flesh opposed to scar tissue. One of these patients was a veteran repair patient and due to his unsatisfactory result had been in contact with several others privately regarding their acell results too whom were also unsatisfied as acell had far from met their expectations supposedly.

Maybe acell is great when used correctly, time will tell i suppose.
    Dr Feller doesnt use it and has no plans to either. I do not know what method the acell was used and do not know which docs are using it or their methods.

Best
    Spex

With all due respect I don't see a reason you should do anything man. Yours it's just a scar as any scar in the body like one on any leg or arm. Well that's of course just my point of view but I don't think you look bad with that scar a difference when you are losing hair where you can see spots here and there but yours for me it's just fine.

I'd live happily with that scar.