+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fut or fue

Default Fut or fue

Hi ,

I am 26 years old and considering a hair transplant. I need minor work at the temples ( 1500 grafts as told) and I dont know which to choose. I know that fue is more expensive but I am concerned about the scar with fut. Any thoughts?

put up some pics

I would not do either

I had strip, and it was the worst thing I could ever do, at least a fd up fue you will be able to save face and shave down.

What doctors never educate you on is this. When they cut a chunk of your scalp they have to pull your scalp to close the donor incision. This will cause your entire look to change.

Every one is different and every doctor is different, but it is very simple math. WHen the scalp is close it is pulled down and your entire scalp will shift back away from your face. There will be tension at certain points of your skull that will stretch leaving areas of your head to start to look thin.

Think of it this way, take a tee shirt and stretch it. What happens? It become see through. Not the best analogy but that is what is happening to the scalp it is stretched and the native will feel and look thinner. Why? because it is.

If you have thick hair and great laxity it shouldn't be a big problem, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. If you have thin to fine hair and low laxity DONT EVEN THINK about it.

My doctor didn't educate me on any of the negative side effects of having this type of surgery, but they are real.

you are 26, don't do it!

do you think your hairloss is going to magically stop? it is just starting my friend. I'm much older and waited and still regret getting in my doctors chair, he did damage that can never be undone.

I know that I am young but I really want to fix my hairline

FUT or FUE?...I'd say neither at 26.

I'm 25 and was doing my research and decided it's just not for me. 26 is quite young to be thinking about going down this route. It's a lifelong pursuit where you're always chasing your advancing hairloss. For some it might be worth it but for most it really isn't once they get over the hairloss (it ****in' sucks) they'll probably decide against HT. Only 1 in 5 that consider it go through with it is what I was told.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    FUT or FUE?...I'd say neither at 26.

I'm 25 and was doing my research and decided it's just not for me. 26 is quite young to be thinking about going down this route. It's a lifelong pursuit where you're always chasing your advancing hairloss. For some it might be worth it but for most it really isn't once they get over the hairloss (it ****in' sucks) they'll probably decide against HT. Only 1 in 5 that consider it go through with it is what I was told.
    great choice, I dont know you but Im proud of your decision, not to go through with this for the exact reason you mentioned.

dead on man

don't do it, I waited until my 40's and regret it to this day, I was only a three on the scale and my doctor put me in a worse position than before I had it done.

I was quoted 3000-3500 grafts, to take care of my needs

2 years post op and I got quoted by the best in North America? at least another 300-3500 grafts

Thats when you know you first doctor ****ed up the entire procedure cosmetically speaking

Not to mention a ton of other probably I am having.

Great job doctor!

Thanks man. It didn't take long for me to see to through the bullshit that the industry is swimming in. The love in between the media and 'hair restoration' at the moment is worrying. Once you're cut there's no going back and you're pot committed so to speak. You can't really throw in the towel. This isn't some small cosmetic procedure and so many people don't seem to get this.

Btw the part of your brain that's responsible for risk assessment only just reaches full maturity by 25 so my word of warning to the young guys is that there's actually other reasons besides the physiological ones in baulking at a young age.

4000, who was your surgeon and what are the 'other problems' that you having? You obviously seem really angry about whatever happened, but it would be helpful to have some details when you respond to someone's question regarding their situation. Yours and his may be completely different.

OP, what is your familiy's history (both sides) of MBP? How far are they on the Norwood scale as they've aged? I'd take this in consideration for sure - you need to think about what it's going to look like down the road.

Personally, I'd wait till you hit 30 and look at it again. The industry is not a complete scam, but there are a ton of scammers out there for sure. Do a ton of research, because the outcome of a HT is going to have a greater chance of success if you go with a good doc that will steer you in the right direction.