+ Reply to Thread

Default Hi guys! Just had HT surgery Friday!

Hello, I'm Brandon from NJ. I'm 31 years old and started losing my hair, most of it from the front hairline, when I was 21. I guess I get it from my dad because he started losing his when he was only 17 and is now a chrome dome! It was getting really bad by the time I was 25 or so but then I started using Rogaine foam and it really made a big difference, I'd say it brought back at least 40% of the lost hair however I was still very self conscious of it. I've always had a tall forehead so any hair loss really accentuated it.

But...just yesterday I had hair transplant surgery with Dr. Pistone from Marlton, NJ! A buddy of mine actually did all the leg work (since he's looking into surgery too) and checked out a few doctors in the NJ/NY area and said he thought Pistone was better so I went for a consultation. Now I'm in the military so I take note of how professional and squared away people are (just a habit since we always have to be!) and right off the bat I liked what I saw at Pistone's office and how I was treated.

I was given a free consultation that lasted about an hour where all my questions were answered and they even gave me a free bottle of T-gel shampoo since I apparently had dandruff that could only be seen under their scalp microscope. I even received 500 dollars off the surgery price as a military discount!

So Friday I had the surgery and again every aspect of Pistone's office, from the nurses, to the layout, to the paperwork, etc. was very professional and squared away. I was given some meds to make me relax then sat in a chair and picked out two movies to watch although I was only awake for the first 30min and the last 30min! So, now I'm just waiting to take off the skull caps I was told to wear for two days and see how I look, the next 8-12 months are going to be the longest of my life as I wait for the full results!

If anyone has any questions about Dr. Pistone feel free to ask me! I'll post up some pics when I get the chance.

Awesome man, good luck...hope everything turns out great. Also happy to hear about ur success with the foam as i just started 5 days ago!

It wont be 8-12 months. Around 6-7 months you should see just about all the growth. I'd say any growth after that wont make that much difference.

Good luck with the results !

You have mentioned that most of your hair loss was from front. Did Rogaine had any effect in the frontal area ?

Congrats on taking the leap! how many grafts did you have? How's the back of your head feeling?