+ Reply to Thread

Default The secret to a thick hairline...... (Pictures included)

For the last month I have been experimenting with nanofibres on the hairline. I have heard from people on various forums that nanofibres generally don't work too well on the hairline. I thought I would give my views on this subject.

After a bit of research I decided to go with Nanogen fibres. They generally seemed to receive a lot of praise from other users of nanofibres. They also are reasonably priced at around ?19. The next decision to make was colour. I opted for Auburn which is basically medium brown with a touch or red. For me this seems to be a pretty good colour match (although I recently added highlights to my hair which has made it a little lighter).

Applying Nanogen fibres straight out the box is almost impossible on the hairline. The tube of fibres is similar to a pepper shaker which does not lend itself to be used on the hairline. If you would like to use it for this purpose it will need some modification. Firstly you will need to purchase a Toppik Spray Applicator which retail at about ?15. The applicator is not designed to fit on the Nanogen tube so you will need to use some tape to sure it as seen in my photo. The spray nozzle makes applying the fibres a lot easier and will make your fibres go a lot further. There is a plastic window in the side of the tube so you an see how approximately how many applications you have left. According to the website a 30g container will last 60 days. This depends alot on how much you use. Even though I use the fibres nearly every day I expect them to last 4-5 months as I only use a small amount each time.

OK, so here are my tips for application of the Nanogen fibres. My routine is to style my hair as normal and wait for it to dry before applying the fibres. Try to spray the fibers up in to the hair rather than down towards the scalp. This takes a bit of practice and can be tricky at first. Fibres only work to thicken the hair you already have by clinging to it. So don't spray the fibres where you have no hair because it will just leave a dirty smudge on your scalp. I have not tried the Nanogen locking mist but I would suggest using hairspray. I think the fibres find it easier to cling to the hair when using hairspray.

In conclusion I think nanofibres are a really great way to thicken your hairline. I hope this review is useful and helpful to at least one other person on this forum. It would be great to know your views and thoughts on my photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg

Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	10369   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg

Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	10370   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030931.jpg

Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	10371  

thanks. what happens when it rains? Do the fibres smudge down your face?

I have not actually been caught out in the rain yet so I can not say for certain. However it does say you can swim with these on the Nanogen website. I am not sure if I would be that extreme! But I am pretty sure you would be fine with some light rain. Even when I've been sweating it out at the gym they seem to have stayed in just fine.

thanks for the post brogain! Very useful!

Wait, so you have to meticulously apply them everyday?