+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

By the way, I'm trying to watch the show but it lags so much ... is it normal ?

Heard the show today. Spencer says he will eventually interview them but seems to be in no hurry. I guess we just need to wait and give him time.

Considering the fact they'll only show results in Q1-2012 ... it's not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Yes, I agree that Replicel sounds very good. It's really too bad that the big pharmaceutical companies have to be behind something in order for it to go anywhere. They're only interested in making money. If something has the potential to be effective, yet doesn't seem totally foolproof, then they won't get behind it because there stands the possibility of them losing money. It all revolves around money unfortunately. Curis is a perfect example. They were developing a hedgehog agonist drug that would hopefully stimulate hair growth. Yet when their pharmaceutical backing went away, so did their hope of developing a potential powerful hair growth drug. Curis is a very small company and did not have nearly enough money to conduct clinical trials on their own. I've talked to Curis several times over the phone and even tracked down (and talked on the phone to) their lead scientist on their hair regrowth project. Man, I am so dedicated to looking for a cure for this hair loss more than anybody!!
    But anyway, this Replicel thing really does sound exciting and hopefully it comes out sooner rather than later. Apparently it has been the product of years of research and it sounds miles more sophisticated and advanced than the crap that we have out today. And I'm absolutely sure that Spencer could track down some one behind Replicel and get them on the show. Really, God bless Spencer for being so absolutely dedicated to helping us all out in publicizing hair loss and subsequently trying to publicize effective treatments for it. He must really be a great person.
    Large pharmas as starting to understand that drugs only have a limited effect, and that stem cell technology has a better money to market ratio than drugs.
    They are now behind, smaller bio companies and need to get up to speed if they want to stay in business, smaller companies are starting to bring their products out to market and large pharmas need to accelerate their expansion into the stem cell area or forever lose out.

No ? Yes ? Maybe ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    No ? Yes ? Maybe ?
    Not sure what to think man. Spencer said a while back he would interview them but NOTHING yet. He also said he would probably interview Dr Cole this past week and NOTHING. Maybe he is busy or it's just not the right time. We've been waiting for a while.