+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Short story on me. Started thinning at 24. Got on Propecia 1mg daily and been on it for 11 yrs. Had great results at around the 1 1/2 year mark as all thinning went away. Stayed pretty much about the same until about year ago when thinning started back up slowly.

Sides included definite decrease in libido which eventually went away after a few months of starting. Also less firm erections in my opinion. Even as recently as a few months ago when I stopped taking it for a month they got better it seemed. So gives me hope that if I do stop taking it any potential effects should go.

Tried adding Rogaine foam for a few months once daily (I refuse to put that stuff on and go out in the morning) with little results.

Now at 35 have noticeable thinning on the top of my head and am trying to supplement with new things. Been taking Biotin and Vitamin B complex with all the suggested extra stuff (insitosol, PABA, etc.)

Thinking of stating on Maxahair supplement to help boost Propecia and also adding Revivogen for natural topical growth stimulant.

Eventually will need to decide on pulling the trigger on shave head or HT.

HT is scary though since if it doesn't go well we all know you cant go back.

Quote Originally Posted by kal-el1975 View Post
    Short story on me. Started thinning at 24. Got on Propecia 1mg daily and been on it for 11 yrs. Had great results at around the 1 1/2 year mark as all thinning went away. Stayed pretty much about the same until about year ago when thinning started back up slowly.

Sides included definite decrease in libido which eventually went away after a few months of starting. Also less firm erections in my opinion. Even as recently as a few months ago when I stopped taking it for a month they got better it seemed. So gives me hope that if I do stop taking it any potential effects should go.

Tried adding Rogaine foam for a few months once daily (I refuse to put that stuff on and go out in the morning) with little results.

Now at 35 have noticeable thinning on the top of my head and am trying to supplement with new things. Been taking Biotin and Vitamin B complex with all the suggested extra stuff (insitosol, PABA, etc.)

Thinking of stating on Maxahair supplement to help boost Propecia and also adding Revivogen for natural topical growth stimulant.

Eventually will need to decide on pulling the trigger on shave head or HT.

HT is scary though since if it doesn't go well we all know you cant go back.
    wauw, you managed to keep your hair for 10 years! that's VERY impressive...i'm a norwood 1 and started taking propecia in feb of 2010...i really hope it will last me as long as it did for you...you cna always try avodart if propecia starts working though, instead of shaving it all off and getting a transplant...or better yet, try Trx2 if it really is the real deal.

will a blood test for mapping hormones help prior to taking fins? just for base lining i guess....

I'm curious where you guys buying from propecia? I was buying from http://www.genericmedscenter.com but just wanted to compare with others the price at recommended sites. thanks

That link doesn't work. If you're curious I been buying it at http://www.safestonlinepharmacy.com I hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerKobren View Post
    Hey Rodney,

The good news is that the vast majority of those who use Propecia experience positive results. For some it does take time, while other’s might see a significant slowdown in shedding and even some regrowth after only three or four months.

I have a friend who didn’t see results from Propecia until around the 15 month mark of treatment. He was every discouraged initially, but I adviced him to stick it out. He’s now been on the drug for over 8 years, and calls my radio program toshare his experience with other’s who might be discourage after being on the drug for a while without noticing appreciable results. By the way, this guy is 43 and has maintained most of his hair.

Hang in there Rodney and give it time.

Hi Spencer have you had anyone whose had success with half a pill of propecia? I've been on it for 4 and a half months now and haven't noticed and stabilisation or improvement. A full pill is too strong for me as I do get a few sides, just wondering if just taking half a pill is the reason why?

After 1 month of using Propecia, I noticed a decrease in the loss of hair after a shower. Now in my second year of use, there is a notable difference in the thickness of my hair, and some growth noted! It's a wonder drug and it stopped hair loss and also to have good thick hair. Wish I should have started early. I am happy with the results. Yes, this medication is expensive. My insurance won't cover it at all. So i buy it online (generic) to save $$$.