+ Reply to Thread

Default Balding drastically at 20

I first noticed my hairline receding at around age 17, at 18 i noticed it slightly thinning on the top of my head. Up until last winter it had slowly been thinning in the same pattern, nothing to drastic, still more and more noticable. Shortly after my twentieth birthday in november i moved out of my house to attend college. All of a sudden my hair line was going more more drastically. I was under alot of stress and anxiety once I moved, and am wondering how much that might have played apart. I since have moved back for the summer, and in the last month its gotten exponentially worse. A week ago I started noticing actual hairs falling out for the first time. It seems as my anxiety and stress about it all goes up, the process accelerates faster and faster. It seems like everytime I take a shower it appears more and more thinner. It's like in the last few weeks my balding has progressed more rapidly then it has in two years. I can't get the anxietys and thoughts of my balding head out of my mind it seems the more im losing it. I wonder much is stress feeding my hair loss?

hey bro i too sorta in the same boat with the anxiety and stress thing , the fear of going bald and looking like a turtle head(if you ever seen master of disguises you would know what i mean).m head is pretty small . i used to have enormous amount of fine nice looking hair so my head look nice and puffy. Anyhow it drastically gotten worse just like you when i turned round 20 too since then I've been loosing loads of hair but still many people don't believe me that I'm loosing hair except im 100 percent sure and i went to the doctor also I've taken pics and saw that the top of my head is thinning with my front being really receided. Anyway bro in general it scares the shit out of me and so i got a scrip for propecia which is generic finasteride and have used it now for about 10 1/2 months and pretty much haven't really seen any change still losing alot of hair everyday and my front after i take a shower looks like u shape i still got hair there of course but if you look to my side they look huge and thick. I know its really stupid of me but i'v even gotten addicted to Vicodin to help with anxiety and remove my pain, which in my opinion was it helped alot but wasn't worth the pain of coming off and being overly even more scared and f'ing up my liver probably made it worse too. So never use drugs to cope with pain worst thing ever. I know im rambling a lot about myself i kind feels good to write thing out.
    Now believe that there are many kinds of temporary remedies that can help
    such as propecia, minoxidil and for dandruff nizarol is good. about maybe 8 months ago i used minoxidil a lot but felt like i didn't have any success so i quit it like 4 months ago and slowly my hair loss got only like 7 more hairs more every time i would take a shower than usual which is round 6 so like 13 hair. recently about month and a half i tried a minoxidil based product called SPECTRAL DNC, and my hair from start to now my hair started shedding like crazy like my dam cat so i'v been on the edge out of my mind scared what is giving me little comfort is im seeing little white hairs everywhere on my hairline,and on top. some on that are on hairline are already dark and thick. So fingers crossed that hopefully its working and maybe soon like in four months ill be even more happier and maybe forever as long as i keep buying this expensive thing.
    !! IN MY OPINION EVERYONE WHO IS STARTING TO BALD IN EARLY STAGES NO DOUBT SHOULD TRY FINASTERIDE AND IF THAT DOESN'T HELP AFTER 6 OR MORE ADD MINOXIDIL IF THAT DOESN'T HELP GET SPECTRAL DNC AND COMBINE IT WITH FINASTERIDE!!!! GOD BLESS!!!!!!