+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default New Growth

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    It must be a good feeling when you have hair were there was no hair. The way I see it, any amount of hair is better than no hair at all. You still have at least a couple of months of more (new) growth.
    Yes, indeed. If it stopped all of the sudden, which of course I wouldn't expect it to, I feel much much better about having hair there now than nothing at all. It is strange how even a little hair changes how you feel about yourself. I basically had no hair line either, now I do, so that is something that is pretty nice too. But you are definitely right, even some hair makes you feel quite different about yourself, it's a nice feeling.

I find it really amazing why hair has such a profound effect on us. I believe it's the ONLY part of the body that has no physiological purpose, yet it affects us (especially mentally) in such a huge way. Having hair on your head makes you feel as if you're wearing a crown.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    I find it really amazing why hair has such a profound effect on us. I believe it's the ONLY part of the body that has no physiological purpose, yet it affects us (especially mentally) in such a huge way. Having hair on your head makes you feel as if you're wearing a crown.

Ultimately, you don't know what you have until you lose it. Hair is part of who you are, it's part of your identity, part of what makes you, you. You can't hide it, you can't go out without it being obvious, you can't just push it aside. Appearances matter, no doubt about it. When you feel unattractive it affects you deeply, to the core of who you are and affects every aspect of your life, to one degree or another. Life is too short. It cost me some money to change it but the short and long term positive effects can't be measured.

How old are you sebastian?? Guys like myself in 20's and 30's are really bothered cause we cant enjoy are youth,especially with no wife or shit...

Quote Originally Posted by dgman21 View Post
    How old are you sebastian?? Guys like myself in 20's and 30's are really bothered cause we cant enjoy are youth,especially with no wife or shit...
    Hi dgman. I just turned 46 but started losing my hair at 21. I was lucky enough that it was a slow process, I know that for some it can happen suddenly. It was tough and I didn't expect to lose my hair as it was not in my family history and didn't think it would happen to me at such a young age. I understand how you feel. In my case I tried my best to accept it but was never able to. As I started to thin more and more I was no longer able to cover it up. I had to do something about it. I think that if you are able to live with it all the power to you, but there is nothing wrong either with wanting to look good and feel good about yourself and change it. I tried Rogaine and it didn't do much, in the end it gave me a rash. Didn't take the Propecia route either, I regret I didn't start on that right away. But, in the end the only viable solution for me was the hair transplant. Perhaps down the road they will come up with something less invasive and expensive, i hope they do. I am four months in and have a good 8 months to go before I see the final product, so far I am very happy with it.

Default Before Pics

I did post some pics of my progression but I think to get a better idea of what I looked like before would give you a more complete picture. It's been just over 4 months now and it's looking good. The surgery took place on March 22, 2010.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	before1.jpg

Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	10770   Click image for larger version

Name:	before2.jpg

Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	10771