+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

"Hi Guys,

I went to see Dr Gho today, I was as nervous as I've ever been on the way to the place. Got there at 9.30am London. Met Dr Gho for the first time, (had already seen my photos, which were really detailed.)

My hair loss is quite extensive, I have my crown and most of my front hair line, but approx a 5 inch diameter of completely bare scalp on the top of my head (so that should give you an idea). My donor hair is 'ok', but not amazing. Had this since about 8 years old and have been wearing a hair piece for too long, not cool I know.

He explained he would be doing the HSI (injection type) and agreed to do 600-700 today with another 3 trips planned in the future. This is what I actually wanted, I didn't want to spend mega without first knowing how well it will work and I'd rather take my time with it.

Anyway, after about about 30 mins of chatting I was introduced to two 'technicians' as he called them, both very nice (everyone is Dutch by the way, but speak good English). The first thing they did was analyse the donor hair and how they could shave it with allowing the rest of my hair to cover up the shaved areas. They shaved about 1 inch from ear to ear, possibly less than 1 inch, I'll know more tomorrow once I've had a proper look.

The 1st technician was a nice chap who extracted the hair from the back and sides of the head, this took about an hour to an hour and a half I'd say. The only slightly painfull bit is the anaesthetic, but no big deal. Then had lunch...

About 12.30 (after lunch), the other technician, nice woman, started placing the hairs into the top of my scalp. Dr Gho briefly interrupted to place a few of these near my hair line, because they are 'more difficult' in the words of technician 2.
    Half way through the 700 hairs being inserted into my scalp, the bloke took over again (tech 1) and finished the procedure. We were finished at about 3.30ish. Dr Gho, said everything went perfectly and said that the donor area is healing really nicely already, he also asked if he can use these photos before and after, which I have no problem with.

I have to be honest I'm by no means an expert in hair transplants, I still don't quite understand the difference between HST and HSI, but I'll be talking to him again next week, as he wants me to keep him updated, so I'll get it clarified again, I was quite nervous so forgot to ask some vital questions.

Anyway I'm home now, a little sore at the back of my head, to be expected. The donor area seems to be nicely covered by the rest of the hair. The implanted hairs all have little tiny scabs on them. I have to admit I'm quite excited now it's done, fingers crossed this works and the donor regrows too.

I've only just joined this site a couple of weeks back, so shall I just add the photos to my profile or do I insert them here? I'll try and get something sorted tomorrow anyway. Let me know if I've missed anything..."

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    "Hi Guys,

I went to see Dr Gho today, I was as nervous as I've ever been on the way to the place. Got there at 9.30am London. Met Dr Gho for the first time, (had already seen my photos, which were really detailed.)

My hair loss is quite extensive, I have my crown and most of my front hair line, but approx a 5 inch diameter of completely bare scalp on the top of my head (so that should give you an idea). My donor hair is 'ok', but not amazing. Had this since about 8 years old and have been wearing a hair piece for too long, not cool I know.

He explained he would be doing the HSI (injection type) and agreed to do 600-700 today with another 3 trips planned in the future. This is what I actually wanted, I didn't want to spend mega without first knowing how well it will work and I'd rather take my time with it.

Anyway, after about about 30 mins of chatting I was introduced to two 'technicians' as he called them, both very nice (everyone is Dutch by the way, but speak good English). The first thing they did was analyse the donor hair and how they could shave it with allowing the rest of my hair to cover up the shaved areas. They shaved about 1 inch from ear to ear, possibly less than 1 inch, I'll know more tomorrow once I've had a proper look.

The 1st technician was a nice chap who extracted the hair from the back and sides of the head, this took about an hour to an hour and a half I'd say. The only slightly painfull bit is the anaesthetic, but no big deal. Then had lunch...

About 12.30 (after lunch), the other technician, nice woman, started placing the hairs into the top of my scalp. Dr Gho briefly interrupted to place a few of these near my hair line, because they are 'more difficult' in the words of technician 2.
    Half way through the 700 hairs being inserted into my scalp, the bloke took over again (tech 1) and finished the procedure. We were finished at about 3.30ish. Dr Gho, said everything went perfectly and said that the donor area is healing really nicely already, he also asked if he can use these photos before and after, which I have no problem with.

I have to be honest I'm by no means an expert in hair transplants, I still don't quite understand the difference between HST and HSI, but I'll be talking to him again next week, as he wants me to keep him updated, so I'll get it clarified again, I was quite nervous so forgot to ask some vital questions.

Anyway I'm home now, a little sore at the back of my head, to be expected. The donor area seems to be nicely covered by the rest of the hair. The implanted hairs all have little tiny scabs on them. I have to admit I'm quite excited now it's done, fingers crossed this works and the donor regrows too.

I've only just joined this site a couple of weeks back, so shall I just add the photos to my profile or do I insert them here? I'll try and get something sorted tomorrow anyway. Let me know if I've missed anything..."
    Just curious, did they "inject" the grafts or "place" the grafts?

Looking forward to your results!

Edit: oops just read your previous post was wondering why there were quotation marks lol...

Quote Originally Posted by uninformed View Post
    Just curious, did they "inject" the grafts or "place" the grafts?

Looking forward to your results!

Edit: oops just read your previous post was wondering why there were quotation marks lol...
    i was also curious why he did not say inject... and also why he is so confused about the difference between an
    injection and transplant

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    i was also curious why he did not say inject... and also why he is so confused about the difference between an
    injection and transplant
    THE DIFFERENCE
    Up to the removal of the hair stem cells to be transplanted, the technique is the same as HST. The major difference lies in the method of implantation. With HST, the stem cells are "planted" in tiny holes made in the restoration area with a needle. The holes fill with a droplet of blood, which ultimately leads to sealing and healing of the wound. With Hair Stem Cell Injection, the stem cells are injected directly into the skin without prepared holes. This means the following advantages:
    Higher density: now the hair stem cells can be implanted even more closely together. With HST, the implantation spacing is 0.2-0.3 mm, while with injection the spacing is 0.1 mm.
    Faster healing: with HST, healing was already fast (1 to 2 days); with the injection method, there is essentially no recovery time in the restoration area because there are no wounds.
    Even greater precision: Thanks to the refinement of the injection method, the precision of the method is unsurpassed.
    Ideal for burn wounds: scar tissue from burn wounds has poor blood circulation. But the injection method does not require blood for healing, simply because there are essentially no wounds to require healing.
    That's what the website says, so they extract follicles from donor, then inject them back one by one instead of cutting holes and placing them?

Quote Originally Posted by uninformed View Post
    That's what the website says, so they extract follicles from donor, then inject them back one by one instead of cutting holes and placing them?
    that seems to be the only difference... HST being more FUE like when placing the grafts in the recipient while HSI injects them in the recipient...

however this guy most definitely said gho made some holes, no?

i suppose they could make holes for the injections.....

Million dollar question still remains donor regrowth or no donor regrowth. High definition macro photography of donor area in patients who underwent procedure with Gho is all that's needed at this point as far as I'm concerned.

Regardless how busy scissorboy must be with his blog and show, I'm sure with a couple hundred personalized emails from the baldtruth community we could politely coax into him to getting his donor area checked sooner rather than later. Just a suggestion, we should aim to be proactive.

Default hair after 100 Gho grafts

It's been 9 months now since i had my second treatment with Coen Gho in London
    the first time he transplanted 525 hairs and the 2nd time around 500
    They have been successful and grown back very well
    the procedure deffo works, no question
    the only problem is that they only seem to be able to do around 500 per procedure based on my head of hair which is quite thick but grey
    and I need another 1000 really.
    i'm not sure whether it's worth having 2 more procedures and being bald again for that long probably another 18 months. I had no option to go with the total head shave to get the max number of grafts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0421.jpg

Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	19477  
    Last edited by notsobaldnow; 02-19-2013 at 05:39 AM. Reason: decided to attach photo

Quote Originally Posted by notsobaldnow View Post
    It's been 9 months now since i had my second treatment with Coen Gho in London
    the first time he transplanted 525 hairs and the 2nd time around 500
    What does your attached photo show? The result of both treatments?

1000 grafts is not a big number, so a before photo would be interesting.

By the way - there is a special Dr. Gho/HST section ...

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43

...so you can share you story in this section?