+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Wonderful thread guys.

I've been contemplating going the Minox 5% route, mainly because my HT's were focused on the frontal/mid scalp; making my progressive thinning very noticable in the back third. I'm hoping to thicken that area up with Minox before I shell out for a yet another HT.

Would anyone happen to have any before and after pics? Even if it's just a before pic of you at a party or something.

By the way, I've been taking 1mg of Finasteride a day for over two years now, and my sex drive is the highest its ever been. No sides here!

Anyway, I'm following this thread along. Thanks for the documentation.

hey guys heres an update, im about 7 months in heres my timeline so far

month 1: nothing
    Month 2: hair worse but nothing like the dread sheds i had heard about
    month 3 & 4: Hair getting better by the day pretty happy plus i am able to style my hair easier and it looks much better
    month 5: slight improvement hair stabilized...I decide to start adding it to my crown since the results have been great in the front and the top of head
    Month 6: Start noticing a shed, nothing too bad assume it is comming from the crown where i just starting applying
    Month 7: Shit now i know what a dread shit is and im freaking out...id say in the last 3-4 weeks my hair has.tanked. My crown which had been pretty (thanks to 3 years of propecia) has shit the bed and now the rest of my hair that had improved is looking like crap.

So thats where i stand now, hoping this is just a shed and i can ride it out, everytime i put rogaine on i have like 30 hairs on my hands.

-the thing that freaks me out is that its not just the crown (where ive only been applying for 2 months) that looks worse but all of my hair is worse and im pretty sure im shedding from all over.

Does this sound normal to have a second shed 6 months in?

During the first two years of treating my hair loss I went through three separate periods of shedding. Each time my hair grew back a little thicker than it was before. I have not had another shed in over two years now.

P.S. Now I need to go find some wood to knock on...

Thanks for the response tracy! I am pretty confident i will recover its just sucks to see your hair responding and improving and then suddenly tanking....i know that your hair has to go through cycles to improve while on rogaine so thats what im hoping for

Hey dude hang in there, hopefully you'll pull thru and get some gains back.
    Guess I'm around ten months in now-apart from it initially screwing my hairline I've had no dread sheds, but also not much gained either-just gotta keep going dude now.

I'm not on minoxidil, but I use finasteride and ketoconazole, and I believe I've gone through at least two different shedding phases while on these medications. The most recent episode started maybe 6-8 weeks ago and stopped within the last week or so. I didn't notice the hair on my head getting significantly thinner, but I did notice a LOT of hairs coming out in the shower. (This is more than a year after starting my regimen.)

This is probably just a normal, cyclical part of medicinal hair restoration.

Great posts guys/gals. I'm 3.5 months in with Rogaine foam. My shedding is a tad more complicated though because I might have caused some of the shedding with a diet (lost 30lbs) I had started a few months prior to started Rogaine. Still I am pretty sure I have lost a significant amount of hair from the Rogaine. I have not seem much in the results, but my doctor says he sees some regrowth at the crown. I'm now started to apply it all over, the sides included, because I've thinned out everywhere, and I've added a lotion (Betamethasone) to keep my scalp healthier. Really hoping to see this turn around at the 4-6 month marker when it's often observed to start taking effect.

Also, the Rogaine website is only marginally useful. I have seen soooo many people talking about shedding for longer than 2 weeks, which is when they say you should stop and see a doctor. My doctor also mentioned that they can't recommend using it anywhere but the crown because that's where they did all their clinical data came from, so if they said it might work on the top or at the hairline without any evidence backing it they would be lible.