+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nizoral

Default Nizoral

Hey guys, Im taking propecia now, and just wondering if i should use Nizoral too? I have seen alot of things that say you should use it with propecia. Any real use for it, in terms of helping out with the hair loss/thinning. I am still using Nioxin now, which I am aware does nothing (just trying to finish the bottle).

So basically what I am saying is do the guys who use propecia on this site, use Nizoral too and if so do they think it helps? Any Side effects?

hello, i was wondering the same thing. i know there are two types, 1% and 2% but the 2% is by prescription only.

i use 1%, about every 3-4 days, the bottle states the product is for 8 weeks only. can we use this after the 8 weeks?

hey guys,

i used to use nizoral. i definitely think it can have a positive effect. actually, there is a study where nizoral--the 1% i believe--was shown to increase the diameter of hair shafts in people who had been using the shampoo. i dont think that you would see great results from just nizoral alone, but in combination with propecia i think it may give you a little bump up hair wise.

In the UK you can purchase Nizoral 2% or Nizorelle 1% from most pharmacies without a prescription.
    Its main use i believe is for people who are using minoxidil/rogaine.If you experience bad dandruff/scalp irritation this shampoo helps a great deal.

I used the 2% for over a year twice a weeek and i came to the conclusion it made my hair shed more.i`ve since stopped using Minox and Nizoral.Only take Proscar now which i`ve been on for three years.

If you want a thickening shampoo,Nanothick from Nanogen works really well for me.

thanks for the advice, i read on the Nizoral wikipedia page that studies have shown that it grows back hair as effectivley as 2% rogaine! This cant be true