+ Reply to Thread

Default Is it early to start the treatment?? please help

Hello people,,,

i am 22 years old and i have some hair loss i have a reciding hairline and some people say its normal but i can see the changes and some parts under my hairline began to show up like minor scars which didnt show before, i went to a doctor he prescribed to me propeica and nexoidile spray which is similar to rogain. he say that i have the male balding pattern. (M shape)
    My family say that am normal where my doctor said am turning bald.
    I will not use proprica due to its side effect. But the spray should i use it or will it make things worse. So far i dont have a very visible bald area because some how i can cover it with my hairstyle. should i wait or should i start fighting before its too late. Please help so i make the right decision to buy the spray.
    Thanks.

It's usually best to start as soon as possible as (and this is a cliché but a cliché because it's true) it's easier to maintain hair than it is to re-grow it.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I agree with mattj. Couldn't have said it better.

Let me add, unless your family are dermatologists or doctor's, then no disrespect to them, but you shouldn't listen to them in this case. I listened to my mother when she told me my hairline is normal, when I swore it was receding and my hair was falling like crazy and my friends were telling me it's receding, but I decided to listen to my mom and now I find myself coming to a hair loss forum everyday looking for a cure.

Your mother/family will never tell you anything that will hurt you. They just want to make you feel better by saying "it's okay" to everything. Nothing wrong with making you feel good about yourself, but lying to you won't fix anything, sooner or later you'll find out that they did more harm to you than good, by not telling you the truth on certain things.

Thanks you guys,, but what about propecia, am afraid to use it. But the doc told me its the only cure to maintain hair. Should i use it or no????,
    i dont want to destroy my future am only 22 years old

Propecia is not a cure but will give you the best chance of keeping your hair. Honestly, the side effects do effect some people but things aren't nearly as bad as they might seem by reading some of the stories online. Many people are using it with no bad effects whatsoever, or effects which are very minor and worth tolerating to experience the benefits.

I advise starting with a low dose (if you have 1mg Propecia then perhaps half a tablet) and taking only once or twice a week for a few weeks, and then tapering up to every day, or 1 full tablet a few times per week. It's a tried and tested way of minimizing the chance of side effects. Even guys who experienced intolerable effects on a full dose have had success with this method.

But i have to take it forever when i start taking it. & Can it have a reverse effect instead of keeping my hair, it will fall my hair ??

Propecia can (and often does) cause shedding after a few months, which can frighten some users into stopping it, but this will stop and the hair grows back.

To continue seeing benefits you do have to keep taking it, but it seems likely that 'forever' will not be your entire life as new and better treatments will hopefully arrive on the market in the future.
    Last edited by mattj; 07-06-2011 at 04:41 AM.

I still didnt take any prescribed medicine but i fixed my diet and my schedule of sleeping and water intake. Plus am taking some supplements which contain biotin and vitamins and its for enforcing the hair.
    My hair loss decreased and i can see that i only shed 10- 20 hair per day or less even when i pull my hair with my hand, does this mean am gettin into the right side or the hair loss will come back hard..??