+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hair loss = disfigurement and in most if not all cases means ugliness. That's what it is no matter how you cut it. I have a beautiful finch that's lost its feathers -hopefully temporarily as usual- on the back of its head and neck and now it looks like SHIT. It looks like a freak. Well, it isn't any different for humans. No way bald can look as good as full head of hair. It doesn't even look normal. It doesn't look normal on any creature with hair. Some people can accept this curse. Some can't and never will.

if you think like this - they want money. some $ and you own a girl

marv..on this site will find people really sick for their hairloss..i am sure we want our hair back but this cant be possible now and easy way is JUST ACCEPT the fact is gonna happen or something natural treatment or even rogaine they are not bad..
    my girlfriend she is not the beautiful girl outside but she is my life and i love her for the person she is and i am sure she wont like me anymore if she gonna see me every day looking for my pills or cream ,consultation for hair transplant ,tattoo or wigs trying to hide my baldness ervery day..and agree you are not models but ugly is not true
    we are the only guys sharing our pics here (this is a huge step),do you think they can fix their problem in this negative way ..
    bald(shaved head) more atractive then balding...

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Hair loss = disfigurement and in most if not all cases means ugliness. That's what it is no matter how you cut it. I have a beautiful finch that's lost its feathers -hopefully temporarily as usual- on the back of its head and neck and now it looks like SHIT. It looks like a freak. Well, it isn't any different for humans. No way bald can look as good as full head of hair. It doesn't even look normal. It doesn't look normal on any creature with hair. Some people can accept this curse. Some can't and never will.
    this comparison made me laugh I must say

If you can accept your hair loss and not care about it, God bless you. But I agree with VictimOfDHT, I cannot accept my hair loss, especially when I see most people around me with full heads of hair. I just hate that word 'acceptance'. In my case, acceptance of hair loss would mean looking in the mirror every day and absolutely hating the way I look. That's why I can't talk to any shrinks about my hair loss. All they're gonna tell me to do is 'accept it and adapt to it', which in my mind is utter horseshit. Every time there if something in my life that I hate, I work to change it, not to just live with something that I hate so much. I know that there are no effective treatments or cures out there, but I also know that I just cannot live a life being bald. For me, it's not so much about getting a decent woman (although that has something to do with it), but I want my hair back 'for me'. I love all that long-haired 80s metal and to look at all those guys on stage with their full heads of hair and then look at myself suffering from male pattern baldness is just way too much for me to bear. I cannot just 'accept' that I will never look like this, and feel depressed about it every single day. As I've said before, it is absolutely unbelievable to me that in this day and age, there is no cure for hair loss. I mean, we can send space shuttles into outer space and change a man into a woman, yet we can't regrow a bit of hair where it was lost??!! Just unbelievable and inexcusable. Of course scientists are going to say that it's a complex issue. If scientists cannot figure out a problem, they're not gonna say "this is a simple issue, but we just cannot figure it out". They're gonna give some excuse as to why they can't figure it out. And when compared to regrowing parts of limbs, launching space shuttles in outer space, and creating Ipods and high tech computers, I'd say that regrowing hair is an easy issue compared to these others. I'm telling you, this hair loss pisses me off so much every single day. Yet what pisses me off even more is that we have no effective options to combat hair loss. Man, I want to fight this hair loss so bad, yet Rogaine and Propecia don't do goddamn thing (I think Propecia is even affecting my muscular structure) and I'm not about to permanently scar my head for life by getting some hair transplant that doesn't even regrow hair to begin with.

And one last thing: I would give my left leg for a doctor to say "here's how we're gonna treat your hair loss and it's not gonna involve cutting your head open".

people say 50% of all men will suffer some form of hair loss during their lifetime yada yada yada but the fact is it's a rare occurrence to run into someone in their 20's and early 30's with significant hair loss. those who are devastated by hair loss and are willing to do anything they can are the one's in their 20's and 30's. that's a very small market. they also tend to have very little disposable income. now why would a pharmaceutical company pour millions of dollars on hair loss research when the only way to make a decent return on their investment would be to charge a premium that's out of most peoples (target group) price range?

That's the problem with these huge pharmaceutical companies: all they care about is money; I don't think they give a rat's ass about helping people. I disagree though that only mainly people in their late 20's and early 30's are the only ones willing to do anything about it. Hair loss prevention and treatment is a multi-billion dollar industry and I always see people on here in their 40's and 50's who use Rogaine and Propecia, or who have gotten hair transplants.
    However, I read a statistic somewhere that despite the fact that hair loss is a multi-billion dollar industry, only 7% of all hair loss sufferers seek out some kind of treatment. And it certainly isn't because they're satisfied and content in accepting their hair loss. It's because there are no effective treatments out there. Rogaine flat out doesn't do anything. Propecia may have some slight effect in slowing hair loss down but is only marginally effective. And hair transplants oftentimes do more harm than good; who wants scars and marks all over their head for the rest of their lives?
    In terms of hair loss research, there's more than enough of it on the books. It's just that the researchers are more than content in experimenting on mice for their entire lives and never developing anything viable for humans. And a lot of the doctors are making more than enough money with their hair transplants that it would not be in their best business interests to develop anything new.
    Unfortunately due to shitty genetics, a lot of us are forced to rely on a money-driven pharmaceutical industry to do something out hair loss; when they largely have no interest in doing anything.

Depressedbyhairloss, one of the main reasons why I don't bother talking to people is because of the stupid stuff they say like "what are you gonna do..", "just accept what you can't change...." Bull ****ing shit I say. Somethings you can live with, something you CAN'T. And hair loss is one god damn thing I can't live with. I've been battling this curse for the longest time. I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars that I really can't afford to lose....but every time I see a hair in the comb or in my hand I feel like I'm going to drop to the floor. It makes my heart sink. The past few months have been literally hell for me because of the massive sudden shed. Never enjoyed one damn day in my life because I was always thinking about this curse. I wasn't even bald and still the fear of baldness was crippling me. So obviously crap like "accept it", "learn to live with it", "it's just hair..." is NOT gonna help. I wish I were one of those guys who didn't give a crap about it. Unfortunately, I'm not. So, what to do ? Living with it isn't gonna happen.

People say so are you gonna just keep living like this and worrying....Well, what else can I do ? How can I make myself forget about it or not care about it? It's not in my hands really and I wish people could understand our suffering.
    Well, like I always say, life isn't fair. Some people are born to suffer and I know I'm one of those, and not only because of my hair loss. God knows I really prefer to die than lose my hair and I pray to god to take my miserable soul before the day comes when I look in the mirror and see myself bald. I just can't live with it.

And like I said before, if some son of a bitch 30 or 40 years ago cared enough to find a cure for this god damn curse we would not have this problem now. But I guess they were too busy studying sharks or some other ****ing useless shit like they're still doing now.

Amen to that brother. I'm also one of those Who works for changing what don't like and I was wondering Why I can't just live with this is happening to me so fast and you absolutely gave me the reason, it's because simply can't accept it can't be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    If you can accept your hair loss and not care about it, God bless you. But I agree with VictimOfDHT, I cannot accept my hair loss, especially when I see most people around me with full heads of hair. I just hate that word 'acceptance'. In my case, acceptance of hair loss would mean looking in the mirror every day and absolutely hating the way I look. That's why I can't talk to any shrinks about my hair loss. All they're gonna tell me to do is 'accept it and adapt to it', which in my mind is utter horseshit. Every time there if something in my life that I hate, I work to change it, not to just live with something that I hate so much. I know that there are no effective treatments or cures out there, but I also know that I just cannot live a life being bald. For me, it's not so much about getting a decent woman (although that has something to do with it), but I want my hair back 'for me'. I love all that long-haired 80s metal and to look at all those guys on stage with their full heads of hair and then look at myself suffering from male pattern baldness is just way too much for me to bear. I cannot just 'accept' that I will never look like this, and feel depressed about it every single day. As I've said before, it is absolutely unbelievable to me that in this day and age, there is no cure for hair loss. I mean, we can send space shuttles into outer space and change a man into a woman, yet we can't regrow a bit of hair where it was lost??!! Just unbelievable and inexcusable. Of course scientists are going to say that it's a complex issue. If scientists cannot figure out a problem, they're not gonna say "this is a simple issue, but we just cannot figure it out". They're gonna give some excuse as to why they can't figure it out. And when compared to regrowing parts of limbs, launching space shuttles in outer space, and creating Ipods and high tech computers, I'd say that regrowing hair is an easy issue compared to these others. I'm telling you, this hair loss pisses me off so much every single day. Yet what pisses me off even more is that we have no effective options to combat hair loss. Man, I want to fight this hair loss so bad, yet Rogaine and Propecia don't do goddamn thing (I think Propecia is even affecting my muscular structure) and I'm not about to permanently scar my head for life by getting some hair transplant that doesn't even regrow hair to begin with.