+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Rogaine foam as first treatment

Hi

I am 27 years old and my hair has been thinning for a number of years, it is receeding and thinning in the front as well as the top. I am thinking of trying the Rogaine foam as my first treatment. I was wondering if I should get an online consultation from one of the top hair loss clinics, or should I just go ahead and try the foam. Will the foam so anything for the thinning hair at front of my head?

Also does it maintain the hair similar to finasteride as I don't want to try that stuff?

What are the chances that it will make my hair shed and not grow back? and if one stops using it would one be in a worse place than if one had never begun using it in the first place?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

If you don't want to take finasteride and who does ideally, then minoxidil (rogaine) and maybe nizoral are the only other options. It's what I use and my brother is convinced my hair is better. I don't see it though. It's worth a shot definitely.

Should work everywhere on the scalp it's just that the miniturisation process is usually further along in the front when people start so it's less likely to have good results there. It's where I mainly use it. It won't do shit for growing hair back but it may help in keeping what you've got and just maybe it could thicken up a few thin hairs.

Minoxidil and finasteride both work where ever there is hair on your head. So yes minoxidil does work on the front.

Thanks for the replies, still a bit unsure whether I should go for it or not?

I've been using 5% foam on my temples and hairline once per day for the last two months, and its knocking it out fast, i'm hoping this isnt going to be permanent frankly, because right now i'm regretting using it.

Granted, i can see a few baby hairs appearing, but it's not inspiring so far.

Quote Originally Posted by gruaige View Post
    Thanks for the replies, still a bit unsure whether I should go for it or not?
    Use it or lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Use it or lose it.
    seems straight forward except it doesn't seem to be that straightforward, use it or lose it, or use it and lose it - thats the gamble isn't it?

seems straight forward except it doesn't seem to be that straightforward, use it or lose it, or use it and lose it - thats the gamble isn't it?
    That is the gamble, I'm using it and losing it so far.

I never lost hair while on any kind of minoxidil from any brand, including Rogaine. I think that's impossible for minoxidil to permanently accelerate hair loss, but it's only what I think. I am sorry to the users who have permanently lost hair because of Rogaine, I guess I wouldn't think it's possible until it happens to me, which it never has.

If you're really hesitant about using minoxidil, then don't use it. Just follow your instincts. If you don't feel right getting on it, then don't get on it. When you go on treatments like these, you have to go in 100% to see results.

One more thing, the" Three Secrets To Success" when it comes to hair loss, courtesy of the *** forum:

1. Proven treatments first. Use treatments that are actually proven to work on hair loss.

2. Take Pictures. Monitor your results, trust me this is very helpful.

3. Be Patient: "Hair Loss Treatments Take Time To Work! The average hair loss treatment takes a minimum of 6 months to begin working, and sometimes up to 24 months to truly see optimal results."

I think i'm not allowed to post links to other hair loss forums, but I repeat the "3 P's" is from *** forum. Very helpful advice, at least for me.

http://www.h airlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12638

No space between h and a in hair. Read it.

Whatever you choose to do, good luck.

The above is good advice, it's early days for myself, but I shall report back if things improve-seeing some baby hairs coming thru so that's got to be a positive