+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default 20 and urgently need help!

Hi,

I'm 20 yr old of Asian origin and I have been using Regaine (Rogaine for US guys) for 40 days.. Only at night since I am unable to apply it during the day. Dont' think its done any good. Mum & dad suffer from hair loss.

Anyway as you can see my condition is extremely serious! What stage is this at? What do you think is my prognosis?

I am starting finesterdie (propecia) 1mg tablets today.... do you think I'll improve a lot within 3 months?

Do you think I will grow hair on back of head?

What about front baldness?

SHALL I CONTINUE REGAINE TREATMENT AS BEFORE? (only at night) whilst taking propecia 1mg?

I will update this thread every 2 weeks with new pictures.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0465[1].jpg

Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	10334   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0462[1].jpg

Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	10335  

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by pika365 View Post
    Hi,

I'm 20 yr old of Asian origin and I have been using Regaine (Rogaine for US guys) for 40 days.. Only at night since I am unable to apply it during the day. Dont' think its done any good. Mum & dad suffer from hair loss.

Anyway as you can see my condition is extremely serious! What stage is this at? What do you think is my prognosis?

I am starting finesterdie (propecia) 1mg tablets today.... do you think I'll improve a lot within 3 months?

Do you think I will grow hair on back of head?

What about front baldness?

SHALL I CONTINUE REGAINE TREATMENT AS BEFORE? (only at night) whilst taking propecia 1mg?

I will update this thread every 2 weeks with new pictures.

Thanks in advance
    Hey!
    May be worth browsing a bot through the forum - sure this will answer a lot of your questions. most people take rogaine twice a day to have constant exposure to minoxidil (the active ingredient). Also one shouldn't expect results within such short timeframe - often it takes much longer for visible results to appear. Good luck anyway!

At 40 days your Regain results should be STARTING. Don't stop until you have tried it for at least 120 days. You can expect results at the 2nd month mark, some see results slightly after that. You will know by the 3-4 month mark if it is working for you, though most see results at the 2-3 month mark.

Your hair should improve. Especially with the addition of finasteride.

Get a shampoo with Ketoconazole 2% and then you have a nice regimen against hairloss. Good luck.

Remember: Lasers are scams. Only the 3(minoxidil, finasteride, ketoconazole 2%) treatments I mentioned really work. Do not spend money on anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    At 40 days your Regain results should be STARTING. Don't stop until you have tried it for at least 120 days. You can expect results at the 2nd month mark, some see results slightly after that. You will know by the 3-4 month mark if it is working for you, though most see results at the 2-3 month mark.

Your hair should improve. Especially with the addition of finasteride.

Get a shampoo with Ketoconazole 2% and then you have a nice regimen against hairloss. Good luck.

Remember: Lasers are scams. Only the 3(minoxidil, finasteride, ketoconazole 2%) treatments I mentioned really work. Do not spend money on anything else.

Thank you so much for the advice! I have got my Fin tablets just about to take one now... Do you think I should continue using Rogaine once a day at night as I mentioned or is it ineffective by using once a day? Is it still worth doing when I'm taking Fin now?

Thanks in advance
    Anyway

There are some people who apply Rogaine only once per day who experience good results.

It's definitely worth using both treatments. They're the two best products/drugs a man can use to save his hair.

A single daily application of Regaine is worthwhile, but twice per day will increase the potential for it to be of maximum effectiveness.

You got good advice already about the length of time needed to judge your response to Regaine. With Fin it's usually recommended to wait a full year before deciding whether it was worthwhile. Keep that in mind.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Had my 3rd Fin1mg tablet today! I've stopped using Rogaine (Regaine) since using Fin 1mg tablets 3 days ago...

Hair was still falling out... Oh and also had a haircut today! This will really help me to gauge whether Fin 1 mg actually is working..

Do you guys think judging from the pics I'll be able to grow new hair within 3 months? or see some improvement?

Oh and I will post a new pic soon...

Thank you so much for this Much appreciated!

The information on Finasteride states that it takes 12 full months before you will know if it is able to arrest your hair loss. It will take longer before you will know if any of your lost hair will be able to grow back. At this point, you should know if your hair loss has arrested. It will be a while yet before you will be able to tell if any is growing back.

It takes about four months to start seeing results from using Regaine/Rogaine. The regrowth looks like baby hair in the begining and transforms into normal hair over time and hair cycles as long as you continue to use the medicine. This takes a long time though. Have you continued to use Regaine or did you stop?

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    Remember: Lasers are scams.
    I cannot agree with this comment.

Did you see my other thread about laser comb 6 month money back guarantee? Worth a punt I reckon. I have been using comb for 2 weeks now.
    I saw it. I use the laser comb myself and have been for over four years. During those first six months of treating my hair loss, the laser comb was all I was using. I did see improvement, so to me it is obvious that it helps. I do not know if it makes dormant follicles start growing hair or not - but it does improve the hair that you have quite a bit - including hair that has grown back from using Regaine/Rogaine. My sister, who is also suffering with FPB, purchased her own laser comb after seeing first hand how much it has improved my hair. I have since been in contact with many other women who use the laser comb and feel it is helping them as well. It takes about four months to see any improvement from using the laser comb. I would suggest using it every other day though instead of only three times per week though.

Laser comb I use 3 times a week.. Every other day

MON WED FRI SUN TUE THU SAT etc...

You are a female... I am a male. So results may vary I reckon? Any comparisons or stories from male perspective?

I have been on propecia 1mg since the start of this thread last year.. I stopped regaine (rogain) completely from the point in the thread never used it. Strictly propecia.. Why do you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The information on Finasteride states that it takes 12 full months before you will know if it is able to arrest your hair loss. It will take longer before you will know if any of your lost hair will be able to grow back. At this point, you should know if your hair loss has arrested. It will be a while yet before you will be able to tell if any is growing back.

It takes about four months to start seeing results from using Regaine/Rogaine. The regrowth looks like baby hair in the begining and transforms into normal hair over time and hair cycles as long as you continue to use the medicine. This takes a long time though. Have you continued to use Regaine or did you stop?

I cannot agree with this comment.

I saw it. I use the laser comb myself and have been for over four years. During those first six months of treating my hair loss, the laser comb was all I was using. I did see improvement, so to me it is obvious that it helps. I do not know if it makes dormant follicles start growing hair or not - but it does improve the hair that you have quite a bit - including hair that has grown back from using Regaine/Rogaine. My sister, who is also suffering with FPB, purchased her own laser comb after seeing first hand how much it has improved my hair. I have since been in contact with many other women who use the laser comb and feel it is helping them as well. It takes about four months to see any improvement from using the laser comb. I would suggest using it every other day though instead of only three times per week though.