+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

No. There is no way to know when your hair will start falling out or how fast it will. But if you have no sign of loss I wouldn't be too worried for now. You might not even lose your hair after all. I know it's easier said than done. Been there and it -the fear- literally ****ed my life up.

I doubt lasers work. Maybe those big ones at clinics but I still doubt it. Finasteride, Minoxidil are the ONLY two things that are proven to help regrow some hair, maintain or slow down the loss but they do NOT work for every body. Nizoral shampoo can help too but not on its own.

I too disagree that all hair transplants are useless or dont end up well. HTs can do miracles in the hand of a good doctor AND if you're a good candidate (enough donor hair and a smaller than usual bald area...).
    HT is a big decision and it is a commitment. Usually, if you get one, especially at an early stage of hair loss, you'll end up needing more as hair loss progresses. It is costly as you know and can't give you the original fullness but it IS better than being bald like a water melon. Don't listen to all the stuff about HTs changing the look of your face or making your hairline too high -due to pulling....

I'd just like to caution anyone about this 8868alex guy, he knows nothing about hair loss.

Nizoral/Ketoconazole 2% has been studied and HAS been proven to work. It worked for me also.

There are several studies showing it's efficacy.

http://www.*************/hair-loss/fo...st_answer.html

http://www.hairlosssucks.com/download/nizoral.pdf

Go on any hairloss forum and ask any of the experienced users what they think about Nizoral/Keto and then ask what they think about laser therapy. You will quickly find answers resonating with my stance.

Dr. Bauman makes money from lasers...of course he will say they work. Do not be so foolishly ignorant.

Also, do you ever find doctors such as Dr. Feller who have an EXTREMELY strong stance AGAINST lasers going against Ketoconazole? No, you don't.

Lasers don't do jack shit. Ketoconazole works.

Get your facts straight. Truth is not a democracy. It's not about opinion.

Keep the hair -

Listen, I don't want a war of words. Please be advised that I wasn't being rude to you so how about the same in return?

I did actually say that I use Nizoral so I'm not entirely refuting any benefit, just stating that it's a shampoo. If it works for you then great. Your opinions are your own and I'm not going to try and change them. As for the warning comment, I think that is a little paranoid. Far be it from me to challenge your status as supreme authority on all things hair loss, but I actually do have some applicable knowledge and I don't need validation from you on that. What I tend to do is read up on the position of experts (including the names listed). I have the upmost respect for Dr Feller and I'm not trying to upset anyone.

Fact is, I have benefitted from the various therapies discussed whether you like it or not. Whilst I think you are coming across as a rude big mouth, I understand that you are trying to help others. That at least I respect. What do you think?,.. I'm trying to convert the world to the merits of laser therapy?.. not my style. If you read any of my posts, you will see that I advise others to do their own research and make up their own minds. For the record, I am very sorry for the guys who forked out thousands for laser therapy. It's not something I would do and it's important for people to pass on their experience. No need to be a dick though!

Well you don't know how many people get scammed because you talk about lasers. So shut the **** up.

toodles

Man, you can't blame someone else's foolishness on this guy (alex). If someone wants to try lasers then let them try it. Unfortunately I got suckered into buying one some time ago. Of course after I bought it I just looked at it and knew it was a useless piece of shit that cost $ 600 and didn't even bother to use it after a month or so.

Keep the hair -

I've done my research so yes I am aware. Your anger is boring me so best to leave it there I think.

Victim of dht -

I've no problem with your comments. You are giving your opinion and experience and people have the right to hear it. I'm not sure how this thread became so hostile anyway! I would say this though, having spent the money were you not curious to see how it might have panned out? surely we can all agreed that any therapy is unlikely to reap any positive effect after a month? Worst case scenario, I hope you returned it to get your money back and got on something that worked for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 8868alex View Post
    Keep the hair -

I've done my research so yes I am aware. Your anger is boring me so best to leave it there I think.

Victim of dht -

I've no problem with your comments. You are giving your opinion and experience and people have the right to hear it. I'm not sure how this thread became so hostile anyway! I would say this though, having spent the money were you not curious to see how it might have panned out? surely we can all agreed that any therapy is unlikely to reap any positive effect after a month? Worst case scenario, I hope you returned it to get your money back and got on something that worked for you.
    No. I didn't return it. I still have it and it's standing in a corner. I know they wouldn't have honored their "money back" guarantee anyway. My intention was to use it for a few months but like I said I felt it was useless. Well, I might start using it again just for the heck of it.

Victim of dht -

Fair enough. I'm somewhat wary of even commenting now as I don't want bad vibes with anyone on the forum. I assume you are using meds (propecia and minoxidil) and you know what?, that might be enough to "hold" you. If so, then good for you. Whilst I have a hard time with Keep the hair's approach, he is right in the general malaise on the forums with regards to laser therapy. Christ, I'm not a doctor, just a dude dealing with the same stuff as everyone else lol. I just wanted to say my piece and maybe exchange notes with others. In no way am I saying start using the comb again but the best of luck if you do.

Thanks. Good luck to all of us with whatever we want to use. We really do need it, although with this curse (hair loss) luck doesn't really do much.

Don't worry about keep the hair i think he is just really pissed off about his hair loss which is acceptable and he takes it out on other people which isn't. Thats just a guess though Idk maybe he doesnt notice hes a dick.