+ Reply to Thread

Default Questions about my hair loss

Hello there. I have a few questions that wish to get clear on, and maybe get some professional opinions if possible.

I have just turned 25, and have noticed my receding hair line about 4 to 5 months ago. In this 5 months I think i have gone from a Norwood1 to a little past Norwood2 (according to this image anyway). Its not showing any signs of slowing down, and it is starting to approach NW3. Am I experiencing a normal hair loss rate? Is there anyway to tell whether I would stop lossing at some point or is it going to go all the way up the norwood scale?

My hair loss seems to focus only on the front and temple area (image), but I have read that Propecia is only effective "for the treatment of male pattern hair loss on the vertex and the anterior mid-scalp area" [source], and Rogaine is "somewhat effective in maintaining or growing hair in the crown area (the top back of the head)" [source], so are these articles accurate about the area of effectiveness of the drugs? If so, is there anything that helps with hairloss at the front and temple area?

And if I am to try out Rogaine, would I experienced the shedding effect of Minox at the front but not grow them back?

Should I try Propesia and risk the side effect even tho it doesnt help with receding hairline at the front?

I would appreciate any opinions I get. Thx

There is no way to know how fast your loss will progress or where it will stop.

Also, every one responds differently to Fin or Minox. Some get good results with them all over the head, some dont. Again, the only way to find out is to try them yourself.

It does sound like your hairloss is progressing quite quickly but hairloss can come in bursts. Absolutely everything in this battle varies greatly from person to person. That goes for the rate of hairloss, the balding pattern eventually reached, as well as the response to medication and susceptibility to side effects.

Like VictimOfDHT told you, the only way to know is to try.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com